Chapter Twenty Three

"We never do things my way." "We crashed the ship your way."
- Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi

❆ ❆ ❆

"There was a set back at Felucia, Ahsoka made a big mistake so she's been assigned library security until she has learned her lesson." Anakin explained as Obi-Wan, Oriel and Boba stood in front of a data wall in the briefing room.

"That's cold." Boba said under his breath. A punishment like would be absolute torture for the action craving boy.

It was the day after Obi-Wan and Oriel got married and unfortunately, the life of a Jedi did not grant them a honey moon so, after a long night, they were back to business.

Oriel had her ring hidden under her grey glove as she was back to wearing her grey general uniform, not her jedi robes. Oriel had also promised that she would get Obi-Wan a ring as soon as she could because the wedding was under such short notice, it was a miracle Obi-Wan could scrape up a plain gold loop for her.

"Unfortunately it's affected our efforts in the whole sector." Anakin continued in a slightly annoyed tone. "It'll take weeks before we can – " He was interrupted by a groan of pain coming from Master Yoda.

"Master Yoda, what's wrong? Are you alright?" Oriel asked her old Master, kneeling down to his level.

"A disturbance in the force, I feel. Intruders there is soon to be in this temple." Master Yoda answered. He was so connected to the force that when someone did something against the ways of the light side, it physically pained him.

The three Jedi shared a glance of concern. "Then we must be extra careful, double our security and don't let anyone inside the Jedi Archives, not even a Master." Oriel said sternly. She would not let this intruder get a holocrons, for the future of the Jedi and for the future of the force sensitive children.

"Good call young Dune, but what makes you so sure our intruder wants to get into our Archives?"  Obi-Wan asked Oriel.

"If the separatists want to win this war, they'll want to eliminate any chance of the Jedi Order having a future, and after their failure to cut off our Clone supply they will attack our Jedi supply next." Oriel explained. "Plus . . . I can feel it in my gut." She added.

"Okay then. Take extra procurations, we shall, when letting Jedi into the Archives." Master Yoda said, trusting the girls instincts.

The three Jedi and Boba were excused from the briefing room and were walking down one of the main halls said by side, Oriel's hand lightly brushing against Obi-Wan's every swing of her arm.

"Where do we start looking for these intruders?" Boba asked breaking the silence. "I mean, what if they aren't coming for the holocrons and they end up stealing something else of value?"

"Well I doubt they've come to hijack starfighters." Obi-Wan stated the obvious.

"But your padawan is right. Blind sided we could become and not see the intruder coming for something else valuable. We must still keep an open mind." He said and Oriel nodded her head in agreement.

"Well what else could they get here, that they can't get anywhere else?" Boba asked.

"Information." Obi-Wan answered. "Jedi transmitter codes." Anakin added, catching onto what Obi-Wan was getting at.

"Every piece of troop information in one place." Obi-Wan said. "An it's all in the east tower." Anakin said. "The east tower of the communication centre." Obi-Wan added. It was as if their minds were connected some how.

"I'll head there right away." Anakin said urgently. "I'll monitor the perimeter defences." Obi-Wan told him before he ran off down the hall.

"Boba and I will assist Ahsoka archives." Oriel said and she watched Boba's eyes light up at the mention of Ahsoka.