Chapter Thirty Eight

"Anakin something wonderful has happened."
- Padme Amidala

❆ ❆ ❆

"One of you just wake up!" Oriel woke to and felt a sting across her cheek.

Her eyes shot open and she was greeted with Anakin peering above her with his hand still in the air about to slap her again.

"Woah, woah I'm awake, I'm awake!" Oriel panicked as she put her hands in front of her face before he could slap her again.

"Oh thank god." Anakin relaxed his hand and so did her body. "I would not have been able to have carried you both and Obi-Wan's to weak to wake back up."

"Weak?" She groaned as she lifted herself up. "He got thrown off the ledge half way across the room only to be crushed by the balcony."

"Come on we can argue later when we get the Chancellor back on Coruscant, right now we've got to get off of here before Lucky blows it to pieces." He told her and she watched as he lifted Obi-wan on his shoulder and started up the stairs, the Chancellor close behind.

"Sounds like a plan." Oriel said sarcastically as she followed.

Your medi-chlorians feel . . . double. Count Dooku's voice haunted her mind.

"Ani, where's Dooku?" She asked as she walked swiftly down the hall.

"You don't need to worry about him anymore." Was all he answered with.

"You don't mean . . . You did it, didn't you." Oriel said almost disappointingly. I little part of her hoped to speak with him again to understand what he was talking about although I another little part of her already knew.

"Is there a problem?" Anakin asked sensing her feelings. "You don't really think he deserved to live do you?"

Oriel was about to answer but the Chancellor had to get a word in first. "I agree with Anakin young Dune. He was too dangerous to be kept alive."

"Yes but if we wanted to get anything out of this pointless battle we could have at least tried to have gotten some information on the Separatists' next movements. Also I think you'll find it's Master Dune, Chancellor." She said through gritted teeth as she bit her tongue before something nasty slipped form her lips.

Oriel wasn't fond of Chancellor Palpatine, sometimes she thought he needed to just save his breath for the politics and she hated how Anakin actually thought of the Chancellor as a friend.

"Elevators not working." Anakin interrupted as he pushed the broken buttons with Obi-Wan's limp body hanging from his shoulder, his auburn hair falling over his face.

"JC activate elevator 3224." She ordered into her coms but before she could get a response the floor beneath her started to tilt upwards.

"Umm Ani?" Oriel asked as her feet started to slip from under her. Before she could started sliding back down the hall like a slide, Anakin grabbed her wrist and pulled her into the elevator shaft that now acted as a hallway.

"You owe me one." He breathed as the three started jogging to get back to the hangar but Oriel kind of had a thought that their ships would be long gone so they would just have to improvise.

A few minutes later Oriel felt the same feeling of the floor tilting again except this time there was nowhere to run so they ended up just free falling down the shaft.

As they fell Anakin grabbed onto a loose wire and held him and Obi-Wan up while the Chancellor dangled from his leg but Oriel found herself get her foot jammed in a small hole and she was just dangling upside down.