Chapter Forty One

"When I got to them, we went into aggressive negotiations."
- Anakin Skywalker.

❆ ❆ ❆

"We'll be headed straight into battle the minute we touch ground on Yerbana. Anakin you take the 501st to the north sector and make sure no droids are left to get us from behind. Meanwhile I want Oriel and Boba with me on the south sector, you will assist me in finding the tactical droid and shutting down this operation." Obi-Wan ordered through Oriel's coms on as her and Boba docked onto one of the Republic gunships.

"You hear that boys?" Oriel asked her men of the 621st and she got a bunch of 'yes ma'am' in return.

Once they broke through the atmosphere of the planet the side doors of the ship opened up and Oriel held tightly onto one of the ropes hanging above her so she wouldn't fall out.

"There, on that bridge." Boba pointed over the edge of the ship to a bridge crawling with battle droids and at the other end was the tactical droid standing proudly.

"Good call Boba." Oriel praised her padawan. "Crest, fly us as close as you can to that bridge!" She ordered the clone that was flying the ship and he nodded in response.

"This is as far as I can get you General." Crest said as he started descending the ship further back into the town and Oriel took her cloak off and grabbed her lightsaber in preparation.

The clones in hers and the other gunships all hopped out before the ships even touched the ground and engaged themselves in battling the droids littered through the streets. The 621st's red armour soon started to mix with orange.

"General Dune, fancy seeing you here." Her husbands voice joined the mixture of noise surrounding her.

"That's funny because I thought I was the one originally assigned this task." Oriel said backing up against Obi-Wan and they started moving in a circle.

"If it was anyone else other than Anakin I would've let you go by yourself." She started to chuckle when he said this.

"Let me go? I don't need your permission Obi-Wan." She grunted as she used all her force to slice down a droid that was getting to close to them.

"General, what's our plan here?" Rooster asked coming to their side to assist them.

"We need to get to the bridge, and fast. The tactical droid would've seen our ships and he'll be making his retreat this very second." Oriel dropped the conversation with Obi-Wan and got back to business.

"You and Cody rush forward and lead your men as far as you can. Obi-Wan and I will pick off any droids left behind so they don't get you from behind." She made up her mind as she wanted to get the battle over and done with as fast as she could.

"What about me Master?" Boba asked appearing next to Rooster, covering his six for him.

"You go with the clones, you'll get more action that way." Oriel winked at him and an excited smirk covered his face.

Boba was more of a soldier than a Jedi and it was sort of in his DNA to want to fight on the front lines. That's why Obi-Wan had mentioned how his future laid outside the of the Order.

"Come on brother." Rooster said to Boba before he started charging at the droids with a battle cry and seconds later, Boba and the rest of the clones all joined in.

"Better get moving Kenobi, we've got a battle to win." Oriel said when they had given the clones enough of a head start.

The two Generals started racing forward with their white and blue lightsabers at the ready and they both sliced through the first droids in sync.