Chapter Forty Five

[UNEDITED]

❆ ❆ ❆

"Rise Lord Vader."
- Emperor Palpatine

❆ ❆ ❆

"You're gonna need me on this one Master." Anakin said as he walked side by side of Obi-Wan and Oriel towards where Obi-Wan would make his departure for Utapau.

"Oh, I agree. However it may turn out just to be a wild bantha chase." Obi-Wan tried to ease his thoughts.

"Then how about I tag along? It would be a nice getaway." Oriel tried to bride him, linking her fingers with his, giving him the sweetest smile.

"Oriel." He said in a warning tone. "We've been over this, you're in no condition to fight Grievous." He tucked a lock of her orange hair behind her ear as he took her beauty in as much as he could.

"You can't just bench me for another seven months Obi." She looked up with puppy dog eyes wanting nothing more than to accompany him on his assignment.

"Well, if all goes well on Utapau and I capture Grievous, then the war will be over and you won't ever have to be benched again." He moved his hands up to hold her biceps lovingly.

"Okay." Oriel sighed defeatedly. "Come back to me. Please." She begged.

"Of course darling." Obi-Wan assured.

"Promise?" Oriel asked holding out her pinky which made Obi-Wan chuckle.

"I promise." He secured his pinky around hers and brought it up to his lips.

"Alright lovebirds, break it up before someone sees." Anakin interrupted them and gestured for them to continue walking, which they did, however Oriel decided to let them have a one on one chat while she watched from a pillar.

It warmed her heart to see Obi-Wan and Anakin have a civil conversation and it almost appeared that they were apologising.

Maybe things will get better. No. Things will get better. She told herself as she watched the two men bow each other goodbye.

Obi-Wan met Oriel's gaze one more time and she blew him a kiss goodbye which made him smile before he walked off into his Republic Cruiser and not once did she take his eyes off him until he was completely out of sight.

"Come on, Padme wanted you over for dinner tonight. I'm sure I can sneak you out of the temple just this once." Anakin told her, putting a hand on her shoulder and guiding her back inside.

"It would be my pleasure." Oriel would be lying if she said that this wasn't exactly what she needed to get her mind off things.

❆ ❆ ❆

"Ani? Ani!" Padme said concerningly from across the dinner table.

Anakin's eyes had completely lost focus as his forehead started to dot with sweat before he dropped his fork making it clatter against the glass table. It was like he had fallen unconscious.

"Anakin are you alright?" Oriel asked more calmly for Padme's sake. She gently pushed the force around her to grasp onto Anakin's force signature and bring him back to reality.

"Obi-Wan was here. Wasn't he?" Was all he said.

"Uh . . . well, yes he came by this morning, but Anakin are alright?" Padme stuttered over her words, surprised by what was going on however Oriel recognised the symptoms.

"You get them too?" Oriel asked softly.

"Yeah. Seems to be a common thing now days." Anakin replied a little to bluntly for Oriel's liking.