Chapter Twenty Five

"I'm in control now, I make the rules."
- Cade Bane

❆ ❆ ❆

Oriel was waiting patiently on the seats outside the Jedi Council room. Obi-Wan was debriefing Anakin and Ahsoka inside, but Oriel was not a member of the council nor part of the mission so she wasn't permitted inside.

But, even so, she could sense lots of troubled minds inside. Whatever happened on that mission, it wasn't good.

Oriel heard the doors to the council open and she immediately stood up, eager to hear what was going on. Anakin and Ahsoka walked out first.

"Ani, what's going on? Have you captured Bane?" She asked impatiently.

"No I – how do you know about Bane?" Anakin asked, realising Oriel was never told their intruder's identity.

"Um, lucky guess?" Oriel tried but it clearly wasn't working, although Ankin didn't seem to mind.

"Anyways, Bane got away and he has successfully opened the holocron. My guess is he's making his way to the force sensitive children this minute." Anakin informed and the news scared Oriel. Those poor children are going to die before they even got the chance to live.

"Then we must leave, now!" Oriel said urgently, walking swiftly along side the master and his padawan.

"Oriel wait." Anakin stopped her. "We don't even know where to start. That's why a few council members and I have scheduled a mediating session in five minutes to find where our bounty hunter will go first." By the way Anakin said this, Oriel could tell she was not invited.

"I'll be waiting in the hanger with Ahsoka and Boba then." She said and this time it was Ahsoka's turn for her eyes to light up at the mention of the boys name.

"Come along Ahsoka, we would hate to not be prepared." Oriel motioned for Ahsoka to follow her, which she did, and they made their way to the hangar where Boba was already there, tinkering with his ship.

"I hope you know how to put that thing back together, and fast because we will be leaving soon." Oriel announced their presence as she entered the hangar with Ahsoka.

"I know how to put it back together but I may need an extra pair of hands to do it fast." Boba said as he started banging a spanner on something.

"Ahsoka, will you?" Oriel asked, not wanting to have to help him put his ship back together for the hundredth time. Not to mention she just wanted to put the two together.

Ahsoka nodded her head, and joined Boba. Oriel watched as the two laughed with each other and exchanged glances that Oriel knew all to well. She herself had given them to the man she was now married to.

After Boba and Ahsoka put his fighter back together and Oriel prepped JC for flight, Anakin and Obi-Wan arrived with the locations of the possible attacks.

"Oriel, you and Boba will accompany me on my travels to Rodia while Ahsoka, Anakin and Master Windu will make their way to Naboo." Obi-Wan caught Oriel up to date and soon they were off into the blue swirls of hyperspace.

Not to long later, the three Jedi hopped out of hyperspace and Oriel could feel a disturbance in the force. Something bad was happening.

"Obi-Wan somethings wrong. I can feel it." Oriel said worriedly. "What if we're to late and he's already killed the child?" Horrible images of Cad Bane murdering the force sensitive child filled her head.

"It's alright Oriel, we don't know for sure. Just clear your mind or you may make the situation worse." Obi-Wan calmed using his skill to ease her thoughts.