Chapter Forty Four

[UNEDITED]

"All mentors have a way of seeing more of our faults than we would like to. Its the only way we grow."
- Padme Amidala

❆ ❆ ❆

"General, I must say I was disappointed to find you choosing the Rex over me." Rooster said as he walked along side his General through the vast halls of the Jedi Temple.

"You have my deepest apologies Captain. It seems my feelings got the better of me once again." Oriel apologised wrapping her cloaked arm around her growing stomach.

She looked away from her masked captain and made eye contact with her husband across the hall who she had been avoiding for the past few days since her return from Mandalore.

Not only did she not want to be scolded for not following orders, she also didn't want to hear anything about her letting their secret slip to Anakin.

"Actually, I think I forgot something in my quarters. I'll meet up with you later." Oriel quickly flicked her grey hood over her growing red hair before making a complete u turn.

However she was stopped in her tracks once again as she met eyes with Anakin at the other end of the corridor who, conveniently, she had also been avoiding. She also wasn't in the mood to hear anything about letting her padawan slip away as he would definitely have something to say about that from his own experiences.

"On second thought, I don't really need it." Oriel turned around again and tried hiding beside Rooster as her two best boys were closing in on her.

"General, what are you doing?" Rooster asked, confused and slightly uncomfortable at the close proximity she was to him.

"If someone tries to talk to me, blast them." She whispered and peered over his armoured shoulder to see Obi-Wan getting closer.

"What?" He took a step away from her which revealed her whereabouts to both men walking towards her.

"Actually, scrap that. Blast Mm." Oriel said quickly squeezing her eyes shut, waiting for the all to familiar sound of a blaster going off.

"I'm not going to do that General, unless you commit treason against the Republic. But even then, I'd rather arrest you." The confusion even more evident in his voice.

"Oriel I've been looking all over for you." Both Anakin and Obi-Wan said in sync as they approached her.

"Hello there." She awkwardly waved thinking of an escape plan.

"Why would you be looking for her?" Obi-Wan suddenly asked Anakin.

"Well why wouldn't I be?" Anakin retorted straightening up his back at his old master's sudden hostility.

"That doesn't answer my question." Obi-Wan folded his arms over his chest to seem bigger than Anakin.

"Well I just wanted to say hello to a friend." Ani narrowed his eyes daring Obi-Wan to bite back.

"Well you've said it, now Oriel and I need to go do some stuff." Obi-Wan started dragging Oriel away but Anakin intervened.

"Not so fast, I need to go do some stuff with her as well." He held a firm grip on her arm so she couldn't be tugged the other way.

"Whatever it is, I'm sure it can wait." Obi-Wan argued slightly pulling Oriel in his direction.

"Well how come your stuff can't wait? I'm sure its all for your pleasure anyways." Anakin glared at his Master.