Chapter Forty Nine

"You will know where you are calm, at peace, passive."
- Yoda

❆ ❆ ❆

The silence on the ship on the way to the medical station was killing all three of them, but the truth was that none of them new what to say.

Anakin was too worried about the damage he had caused to his wife, Obi-Wan was afraid that even though Anakin had turned, he still didn't feel remorse for what he had done and Oriel was frightened to see what the near future held.

"We have arrived." C-3PO announced as he landed the ship.

They all got up in silence but Anakin was the one to rush out at record speed and Oriel wasn't able to catch up to him because Obi-Wan had grabbed her arm, stopping her from going any further.

"I need to talk to you." He begun with a grave look in his eye.

"Look if this is about me coming after you when you did the whole mind trick on me I think-" Oriel started.

"Stop Oriel, its not about that." He said making her pause with confusion in her eyes. "I'm worried about Anakin. What are we going to do with him?"

"We're going to talk to him. We're going to make him get his shit in order." She said sternly, worrying the Obi-Wan was giving up on him after all they had been through.

"Oriel, he is responsible for the collapse of both the Jedi Order and the Republic." He tried to keep his temper in check but at this point he was allowed to let off some steam.

"I know." Oriel took both of his hand in hers. "I also know that it wasn't his fault. When a being falls to the darkside, it doesn't become evil, the darkness merely uses them as a host. You know what you are doing but every thing seems to be dark and twisted until its just the galaxy against you." She said with such emotion reminiscing her previous experiences.

"Your right." Obi-Wan sighed.

"I know." She winked and walked off of the ship, not letting go of Obi's hand. At this point she never would.

When they reached the medical room, they joined Master Yoda and Senator Organa behind the viewing glass where on the other side Anakin held two beautiful infants in either arm, bending down to share the incredible moment with his wife.

"Twins." Oriel sighed with happiness, almost crying at such a beautiful moment. Her hand subconsciously made its way to her own round stomach with Obi's on top.

"What do we do now Master?" Obi-Wan asked Yoda, breaking the peace filled silence.

"If you are referring to the Republic then don't worry. I defeated Darth Sidious on Coruscant and have deactivated the Clone's inhibiter chips. The Republic will be restored." He confirmed which brought warmth to Oriel's heart.

"And the Order?" She asked slowly, knowing there was hardly a foundation of that left to build off of.

"What about it?" Yoda asked as if he didn't know what he was talking about.

"You are planning on rebuilding the Jedi Order aren't you? The force is only thing keeping the galaxy together, without anyone to wield it, we will surely fall once more." Oriel asked in shock.

"Oriel, my child, the order was the one who brought on its own destruction. Yes, the Sith was the last trigger, but for years now, a corrupt council and unmoral dealings with war, we have taken part in. The force, unbalanced it became." Yoda explained shaking his head at how blind he had become.

"So that's it? The Jedi are really gone?" Obi-Wan asked, wrapping his arm around Oriel's shoulder.

"No, train more, I will. But only few, and a secret they will be kept." He decided, tapping his walking stick on the ground to make it final.

"I agree, now if you don't mind, I have a Republic to get back into shape." Senator Organa excused himself and left the room.

"For me to leave, time it is." Yoda agreed as well.

"But Master," Oriel stopped him before he could leave her as well. "Will I ever see you again?"

"Oriel, it would hurt my heart if you didn't send me an invite to my grandchildren's birthdays." He chuckled softly looking up to Oriel with loving eyes. Yoda really did think of her as his own daughter.

"Oh Master." She cried giggling before bending down and embracing the elder with a final hug.

"When the time comes, guide you to me, the force will." Yoda reassured before slowly making his way out of their sight, Oriel not taking her eyes off him before she was sure he was out of view.

No sooner did Anakin emerge from medical room, his guilty eyes looking between the couple.

"I want you to meet your Godchildren." He said and waved for them to follow.

Oriel smiled warmly and followed holding onto to Obi- Wan's arm until they were beside Padmes bed where she rested with tired eyes starting to droop, but, the strong woman she is, refused to miss these special moments.

"They're beautiful Padme." Oriel softly praised as she was handed the girl.

"Leia." Padme said reaching up to the little girl in Oriel's arm and brushing her smooth cheek.

"This ones Luke." Anakin said handing the boy over for Obi-Wan to cradle.

The four friends, who were more like family, stayed in a comfortable silence for what seemed like forever.

A silence that came from peace.

"What do we do now?" Anakin asked, breaking it.

Oriel took a deep breath in before answering, really thinking her options over before responding.

"We leave."

"Leave?" Anakin asked.

"As far as anyone is concerned, we all died in the final days of the order." She explained. "This way we can start new lives for ourselves."

"How can we live our lives if we're hiding?" Anakin asked.

"We won't be hiding, maker go travel the galaxy if you will it. Just, for now, we should pack away our sabers and put our robes back in the closet. And maybe your tiaras too." Oriel added for Padme who weakly chuckled in response.

"That sounds wonderful." Padme agreed.

"We will go to Naboo. Live in the lake house we go married in and raise these little trouble makers on the beach side." Anakin smiled thinking about their future.

"What about you?" He asked looking at the older couple.

"I think we should go to Mandalore. That way we can still see Boba, and Satine would be most welcoming in helping us find a fitting house where we can raise our child." Oriel looked up to Obi-Wan to see if this was okay.

"I was thinking exactly the same thing." Obi-Wan smiled and leaned down to kiss her forehead, then her nose, then her lips.

"Okay not around my children thanks." Anakin separated the two and took his the twins into either arm.

Once again they fell into a setting silence, sinking the moment in until the air told them it was time to start their new lives.

"I suppose we should get started on the rest of our lives." Oriel announced.

"Promise to keep in touch?" Padme asked and lifted her arm with her pinky finger out stretched.

"I wouldn't be here without you Padme," She took her finger in hers. "I promise." She said sternly.

"Now lets go see what Satine can do for us." Obi-Wan held his arm outstretched towards the door, guesting for her to go first.

"I sure hope there's a big bed." Oriel smirked mischievously walking out.

"Just because we have twins doesn't mean you guys need to!" Anakin said as they exited to the room.

"That's not how twins work Ani." Padme sighed.

❆ ❆ ❆

Thought I'd finally actually finish this story once and for all instead of leaving ya'll hanging for the rest of your lives.

❆ ❆ ❆