Chapter Thirty Three

"You are on this council but we do not grant you the rank of Master."
- Master Windu

❆ ❆ ❆

Oriel woke up slowly to someone caressing her forehead gently. She opened her eyes and was met with the warmly familiar sight of the Jedi Temple.

I never thought I'd miss this place so much. Oriel thought to herself as she watched Anakin land the ship.

"It seems you miss this place more than you miss me." Obi-Wan's voice vibrated on Oriel's back as she was slouched in his lap.

"Nonsense." She said and tilted her head back so she could see Obi-Wan's face who took the opportunity to dive down and giver a long overdue kiss.

Oriel kissed him just as tenderly back and reached her hands above her head to cup his face.

"Get a room you two." Anakin's voice interrupted. They reluctantly parted and Oriel locked eyes with Satine who was watching them and she took a guilty gulp.

Although Obi-Wan's feelings had dwindled for the Duchess, her feelings were evidently still there for Obi-Wan and Oriel had to respect that. She knew what it was like to love someone and not be able to have them.

"Sorry." She whispered and stood up from Obi-Wan's lap and then headed for the ramp. When she reached the top of the ramp, she hesitated.

Oriel looked down at herself, still wearing the Mandalorian armour and still dirty with the darkside lingering on her. She even still carried a blaster which Jedi do not do.

So uncivilised. Oriel thought.

She had wandered so far from being a Jedi and yet here she was, back again, about to walk into her old life and pretend none of it ever happened.

"Everything is going to work out just fine." Obi-Wan reassured walking up behind Oriel and he took her gloved hand in his.

"Together." He whispered and she nodded in approval before they headed off the ramp.

The hangar seemed so normal. Clones bustling about, ships constantly landing and leaving while orange spark flew around from people fixing their damaged ships.

"Master." A familiar voice whispered in disbelief. Oriel looked ahead of her and saw Boba standing in his navy blue robes with his padawan braid hanging from his shoulder length hair.

As Oriel looked at her padawan, she noticed a flicker of fear spark in his eye. Fear from her.

"Boba I -" She started but she really didn't know what to say. There were no excuses for her actions no matter how much Vizsla had manipulated her.

"This is all my fault." Oriel said disappointedly in herself but it was all Boba needed to trust his Master agin. His mother.

He ran up to her without a second thought and hugged her tightly. It shocked Oriel but after she realised what was going on, she dropped Obi-Wan's hand and hugged him back just as tightly, if not tighter.

"That's what my father used to wear." Boba observed as he finally let go of Oriel.

"I know. I joined the group your father was apart of, and I regret it deeply." She said crouching down to his level, although he was growing much taller now as he was now fourteen years old.

"You know I never wanted to hurt you Boba. But my hatred grew from, not only one person, but everyone and everything around me." Oriel explained.

"And I will never let it consume me again. I promise that I will protect you from here on and I will never hurt you again." She promised sternly, grasping Boba's shoulders as he nodded, trying to sympathise with his master.