Chapter Thirty Two

"You underestimate my powers."
- Anakin Skywalker

❆ ❆ ❆

Oriel fought like she never had before. Her swings of her saber, usually elegant and smooth, were now large, rigid, forceful swings. No rhythm, no tactic, just persistence.

Determination.

Determination to kill Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Obi-Wan was not only fighting for Oriel's life, but his own now. He held his blue lightsaber protectively above his head while Oriel repeatedly smashed her new darksaber down on it, as if hoping it would slice in two and hit him.

Noticing what she was doing had no affect,  she hit his saber one more time before catching him off guard and swinging low, grazing the edge of his thigh as he yelled in pain.

Oriel swung once again aiming for his chest and Obi-Wan held his in front of him and they clashed together in a great mixture of blue and black. The lightsabers made an x shape as they both pressed forward as if they were having an arm wrestle, and the glowing light illuminated their faces.

Oriel looked darkly into the eyes of her lover while Obi-Wan watched the light reflect off her shiny helmet.

Oriel got tired of this so she lifted her armoured shin and kicked his thigh, straight on the burn she had created. The pain was unbearable for Obi-Wan so he let his guard down and grabbed his wound, trying to apply pressure as he shrunk to the ground.

"How does it feel? To be toyed with before being left to die by someone who you thought loved you more than the galaxy?" Oriel asked as she stood above him, her darksaber dangerously close to Obi-Wan who was on the ground.

Even though the darkness was guiding her movements, her actions were what she wanted and the words were spoken purely from Oriel's heart.

"I do love you more than the galaxy Oriel. I would never leave you to die, Vizsla is a lair he's the one who's using you." Obi-Wan said as he eyed off his lightsaber hilt that wasn't too far away.

"Exactly what a lair would say." Oriel said through gritted teeth. "This is the end for you my love." She said before raising her darksaber above her head and brought it down upon her husband.

Obi-Wan was quicker though as he used the force to bring his lightsaber to him and ignited it to defend himself. He pushed with all his strength and threw her saber upwards before swinging once again and he felt his saber make contact with something.

Obi-Wan breathed heavily as he feared the worst.

What have I done? He asked himself.

"You can't kill me that easily Kenobi." Obi-Wan was relieved to hear her voice and he looked up to see he had sliced a line down her helmet and her eyes were showing.

Glowing.

Red.

Oriel reached up and took her helmet off showing her full face that Obi-Wan missed so much, but she looked different. Her face was twisted with anger and darkness that was piercing through him like a knife.

"I don't want to kill you darling. I would never hurt you. I just want to help you. You just need to see through Vizsla and see that he is the lair who's abusing you." Obi-Wan said but he could tell he was only talking to her darkness.

Oriel had heard enough and pulled her hand back, bringing the force with her, letting it build up pressure before forcing it back towards Obi-Wan who was knocked back to the ground.

He scrambled to his feet, his Jedi robes now dirty, and raced forwards to Oriel. All he needed to do was to immobilize her. Then he would be able to show her what she really meant to him, how sorry he really is and overall, take the darkness out of her.