Chapter 14

In the evening, when Gu's father and Gu's mother arrived home, Gu Huarong was putting on a mask prepared with "Eight White Powder" and doing the questions. Mathematical, physical and chemistry is nothing more than memorizing the formulas, learning them, applying them, and doing more questions.

    "Rongrong! Have your mid-term exam results been released?" Miao Xiu asked, she always paid more attention to her child's grades.

    Dad Gu didn't speak, but listened to the conversation between the mother and daughter.

    "Well, it's sent." Gu Huarong handed the transcript and class ranking list to Miao Xiu.

    Miao Xiu took the report card with a smile, holding her daughter's name one by one from top to bottom in her hand. The smile on her face became more and more unbearable, and in the end, she pursed her lips tightly, and Rong Rong was actually tenth from the bottom! In the past, the worst time in the exam has never broken through this score!

    Gu Qingming saw that Miao Xiu's face was not good, and quickly came over to smooth things out, "What's the matter? Let me see!" After a long search, he found his daughter's name. Gu Qingming was a bit baffled.
     'Daughter! You got this result in the test... Dad just wanted to round it up for you, but I couldn't get it right!'

    Miao Xiu pulled the transcript and slapped it on the coffee table, hum! I don't care about anyone, I'm just sulking by myself.

    Dad Gu gave Gu Huarong a wink, which meant that Gu Huarong could coax her mother. Your mother's temper comes and goes quickly.

    Gu Huarong thought that when she was a child, she did not memorize books well, and her mother seemed to be so angry. When She  watched a few sons studying for the imperial examinations, her heart ached from time to time! Parents are not easy. Gu Huarong can understand Miao Xiu's mood. Just as she was about to walk over to coax Miao Xiu, she heard a knock on the door.

    Gu Qingming went to open the door, "Oh, why did you come to open the door so late! Just let your mother wait outside?" Grandma Gu began to pick on her fault as soon as she came in.

    "Mom, why are you here?" Dad Gu asked.

    "It's not that I went to your aunt's house and didn't pay attention to the time. As soon as I went out, the guests were gone. Whoever is willing to pay for a taxi to go home, just come to your place for one night!"

    Miao Xiu stood up and want to retorted, but she stayed silent. She was still angry!

    Grandma Gu was too lazy to take care of her daughter-in-law, so she sat directly on the sofa and saw the transcript on the coffee table, picked it up and started studying. At this time, Miao Xiu thought that it was too late to get it back, and she saw that Grandma Gu was also looking for Gu Huarong's name from beginning to end. She was used to reading the transcripts of her two grandchildren at home, so it was not a hassle to find Gu Zi!

    After she found Gu Huarong's name in the back, Grandma Gu actually clapped her thigh in joy. "Hey, this is the result of my eldest granddaughter! The eldest couple! What are you talking about every day in order to educate the children, just educate the countdown? I'll just say this girl's brain is not good, I still think 'll bring you the second child!"

    This old lady is deceiving people too much. Who is not good at brains? It's just that Her body just didn't adapt to the rhythm of the exam. To put it bluntly, they still want to put the son's account of the uncle's family! Miao Xiuqi couldn't control her strategy anymore, so she had to reason with this old lady!

    Who knew that Gu Huarong, who had not spoken since they came back, rushed out of the room and was about to run out crying. "Mom and dad, I'm embarrassing for you. I didn't do well in the exam, and my grandma said that I'm useless. I won't burden the family anymore!" Gu Qingming stopped her and pushed her back to the house.

    "Why are you making trouble? Dad still doesn't want you? You are the only child in our family, don't worry!" Gu Qingming coaxed his daughter first, and then went out to find his mother.

    Clenching his fists tightly, Gu Qingming seemed to have made up his mind. "Mom, how many times have I said it, let's not talk about putting those two children in our house in the future! Rong Rong is still my daughter no matter how bad her studies are. I can bear no matter how much you scold us, because you are my mother! But when you say that to Rongrong, it makes me feel uncomfortable like cutting my flesh and blood!" Gu Qingming said angrily, Grandma Gu, who had never been told this by the eldest son, was stunned as if she didn't know her son.

    Miao Xiu was also stunned. She had never seen her husband talk to her mother-in-law in such a long time after marriage!

    Before it was over, Gu Qingming continued, "Mom, you are not willing to spend money and I am willing! You look at today's situation, it is not suitable for you to live here, I will take a taxi to take you home!"

    Grandma Gu saw her son was waiting for herself at the door, and the outbreak made her a little confused. She didn't dare to screw with his son, She quietly got up and followed her son downstairs.

    Miao Xiu saw that her mother-in-law, who was acting as a demon today, was not as powerful as she used to be in her own home, and she was no longer full of anger.

    Gu Huarong came out of the room and took her mother's arm, "Mom, don't worry about my study, I know it!"

    Miao Xiu saw how irrational her daughter was just now. She thought, my daughter is so smart like me, how can she have a bad brain! Obviously those who focus on results are shortsighted!

    She totally forget who is the most grade-conscious person in their family...