Chapter 24

As usual, breakfast is to warm up the big meat dishes from last night. Miao Xiu deliberately got up early to help cook and wanted to make a good meal for her daughter.

    As soon as she entered the kitchen, she saw her mother-in-law and sister-in-law whispering, Miao Xiu coughed, she didn't want to be told that she was eavesdropping for a while.

    Grandma Gu and Wang Yan looked back when they heard the voice. She looked a little embarrassed because of their guilty conscience. "Sister-in-law got up really early today, hehe." Wang Yan reluctantly said with a smile.

    "Well, come and help make breakfast." My daughter is waiting for my loving breakfast!

    "If you don't come back once a year, you should do some work. Then you two can do it. I'll go back to the house first." Grandma Gu winked at the second daughter-in-law, and she had to go back to the house to discuss it with the old man.

    Miao Xiu was too lazy to deal with the lawsuit between the good mother-in-law and daughter-in-law, and she wouldn't want to move forward if her daughter would not be able to eat this breakfast.

    She  flipped through the things that could be used, steamed a chicken cake with eggs, then relied on egg sauce, cut cabbage into strips and blanched in water. Seeing that there are dried radishes that have been dried, soak them in water, and mix them with fried chili oil and sesame oil, which is also delicious.

    Wang Yan looked at the dishes that Miao Xiu had made, "Sister-in-law, no one will eat it if you cook it. Who will eat this during the Chinese New Year! Mix the leftovers from yesterday, and paste the pancakes on top. The whole family loves to eat it!"

    "Piezi..." Miao Xiu, who was only focused on cooking, remembered this, and said to herself, "There is no porridge, Rong Rong can't eat it without porridge, no, I have to cook some porridge..." She was busy making rice porridge again.

    Wang Yan, who is completely regarded as a transparent person, is furious. Thirty years in Hedong and thirty years in Hexi, you wait for me! Wang Yan silently said harsh words in her heart. What she didn't know was that there was no bridge over the big river, and her family, all landlubbers, had been standing in Hexi for more than  thirty years...

    Seeing her daughter eating a lot of the food she made, Miao Xiu narrowed her eyes happily. How can she see how rare her daughter is, she is a blessing from several generations of cultivation!

    Grandpa Gu and Grandma Gu looked at each other, and Grandpa Gu cleared his throat and said, Dafang, this year is over, when are you going to go back?"

    Gu Qingming, who was looking at his wife happily, was suddenly startled,  When he just arrived, he was asked when he was leaving, and he didn't respond for a while, which was not in line with the habits of previous years.

    "Oh... I haven't planned yet. In previous years, I went back to the fifth and sixth day of the first year..."

     In previous years, his mother forced him to keep him until the fifth and sixth day of the new year...

    "If there's nothing to do, go back early, go back early. Do business!" Grandma Gu hurriedly answered.

    Miao Xiu also found it strange. In previous years, her mother-in-law wished them to stay at home for a few more days, because after the new year, there were people who came to visit relatives to eat at home, and her mother-in-law would say that the food was not enough, and ordered her husband to buy it. There are also New Year's gifts to go to other people's homes to visit relatives, and they also have to make from their own money to buy. The mother-in-law will not let her go home until the fifth and sixth day of the new year almost over. What happened this year?