The Bustle of Merchants

November 23, 2025

Susa City, Ilamania Kingdom, Northaroia Island

On this day, a trade base was completed in Susa, a port city in the western part of the Ilamania Kingdom, thanks to Japan's ODA. Politicians and bureaucrats from both countries, as well as senior officials from private companies involved in the construction of the base, gathered at a banquet hall set up at the port to celebrate the completion. Among them were officials sent from the Kisan Kingdom and the Mystania Kingdom, the neighboring countries of the Ilamania Kingdom.

"Oh my goodness, you really did build a port like this in a month... Your building techniques are amazing!"

Mihira Skelethal, the head of the diplomatic mission of Ilamania Kingdom, was in a good mood as he sipped a sake.

"We are honored by your praise. Thanks to your mediation, we have been able to establish friendly relations with all five kingdoms on the Northaroia Island without delay."

The Minister of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, Yoshinobu Ishikawa, replied. The MLIT took the lead in setting up this trading base, which was intended to facilitate food imports. There are five kingdoms on Northaroia Island. These countries, including the Ilamania Kingdom, are collectively known as the "Five Kingdoms of Northaroia". Japan was able to enter the circle of these five countries thanks to the enthusiastic mediation of the Ilamania Kingdom. Mihira and Ishikawa continued to chat with each other. Looking around them, the influential people of the Ilamania Kingdom and Japan were chatting in a very friendly manner.

In one part of the banquet hall, businessmen and bureaucrats from Japan have set up booths to display and demonstrate Japanese products. Juse Claracel, the lord of Susa, was sighing as he looked at the traditional Japanese crafts.

"This is... a beautiful sword."

A katana was held in both of Juse's hands. The light reflected off the sword's surface, which was peeking out slightly from its scabbard, illuminating his face. Other crafts such as Wajima lacquerware, Nishijin textiles and other lacquerware, textiles, pottery, and glasswork had the participants glued to their seats.

"Crafts are very popular."

"Well, it's the easiest for people in this world to understand the value."

The two bureaucrats manning the booth looked at the otherworlders who were fascinated by the traditional Japanese crafts. They also had other exhibits of the latest technology such as "VR," but people who tried it said they got drunk or didn't understand what it was.

After that, the anniversary celebration was held in a very friendly atmosphere. However, there was one person who had a different feeling from the majority of the participants.

"What are those giant pillars?"

Rimuru Peyer, a diplomat dispatched from the Kisan Kingdom, a neighboring country of the Ilamania Kingdom, pointed to a "strange pillar" that had been built in the harbor and asked his subordinate.

"Sir...! That seems to be called 'crane', a machine to load and unload the cargo of the nation of Japan onto the ship of their country."

He pointed to a gantry crane used for loading and unloading containers. It can load a large number of cargos at once without the use of human hands. In addition to the cranes, there were concrete paved roads and fortified bay ports scattered all over the place, showing the power of Japan.

"To be able to build something like this in such a short period of time, Japan cannot be underestimated... However, if the Ilamania Kingdom continues to monopolize relations with Japan, there will be a disproportionate power relationship with the other four kingdoms, including our own."