Landing on Miket Tirith 4

Miket Tirith Harbor

With the end of the artillery attack on the enemy fleet, the flotilla of ships of the invasion fleet against Japan that covered the coast of the city, including the harbor, had all been reduced to floating timber on the sea surface, leaving only a few dozen ships of the Miket Navy. This has improved the visibility from the harbor to the horizon, and citizens are now able to see the 26 huge ships deployed at sea.

"Those ships... are they Japanese warships!? They are so many..."

"Are all those things flying in the sky now coming from them?"

The citizens, and the Miket soldiers coming out of the barracks, were horrified to see the huge gray ships swarming around them. Numerous explosions had erupted at the campsites of the various armies and warships that had formed in all directions outside the city, and black smokes were rising around the city perimeter. Therefore, Miket Tirith looked like a huge black crown when seen from the sky. Although the city and the Miket Army were not the target of the attack, the fear of that power being unceremoniously hurled down upon them was still overtaking their minds.

. . .

Miket Navy Flagship Giberin Deck, Harbor

"We're not getting any gunfire..."

"Yeah... they've done a pretty good job of avoiding us."

"Apparently, we're not the target."

The Miket Army soldiers, who had been mutinied inside the warship, were talking while staring at the other warships, which had turned into a pile of wood chips. They were relieved that they were not the targets of the enemy.

"Ooh... that's the Japanese flag. There's no doubt about it, judging from the ship's appearance. Report to the commander!"

A soldier looking through his telescope told his fellow soldiers. A head of him, a flag with a red sun fluttered in the air, shining in all directions.

'Is that... the light that will free this city from the usurper, or is that... the devil that will burn down the 350.000 troops of the prince's army along with this city...?' The soldier who was looking through the telescope murmured in his mind.

They knew that the Crown Prince, who had established a government-in-exile in York-Arden, was connected to Japan. Therefore, as a general consensus, they wanted to avoid a situation that could develop into a war with the Japanese. Judging from the current action of the Japanese forces, which are excluding the city and the Miket Army from their attack targets, it can be expected that they are thinking the same thing, but since they have no means of communication with each other, they cannot really know what the Japanese intentions are.

. . .

Integument Family Residence, City Center

The mansion of the family that rules this region, the Knight Commander House of Integument, is now administered by Lasper Thurimgen, an official dispatched from the usurper's Imperial Domain. The members of the Integument Family, deprived of their position and autonomy, are now under arrest in the villa, and there is nothing they can do about it. And now, as Lasper sat looking smugly at the chair where the Knight Commander should normally sit, the pale-faced soldiers of the Imperial Domain Army are appearing one after another.

"The camps of the various armies have been severely damaged by surprise attacks carried out during the night and by the enemy's 'giant winged insects'!"

"The Northern and Southern Allied Nations, as well as many others, have fled! They have abandoned their camps and fled inland!"

"The armies of the Lysania Kingdom and the Duchy of Lievant have been literally wiped out!"