The Madness of a Loyal Retainer

January 12

Military Affairs Bureau, Custefai, Altian Empire

In the office of the Minister of Military Affairs, Sitos Sphinoid, the Navy Chief Krause Syrroid and the Army Chief Seta Palacrine entered the room. They stood at attention as they waited for the first words from their boss, Sitos.

"...As I'm sure you're aware, Seiren, regarding the fleet to be sent to Japan... it is the Emperor's will that we sent our entire force," Sitos spoke gravely.

He was referring to the incident in the throne room earlier. The emperor has ordered them to send all available troops to the Seiren Kingdom, with the threat that the next failure will be atoned for by the death of his family.

"A sortie with a total force would require a postponement of at least a month, considering the movement of dragons and army soldiers, but..."

Army Chief Seta expressed his concern about sending out the entire army. If they send out all the troops they can, it will naturally take a certain amount of time.

"It's fine. The enemy won't escape anyway."

"......"

After receiving Sitos' order, Krause and Seta both bowed and left the minister's office. Thus, almost all troops belonging to the Military Affairs Bureau, with the exception of the Capital Guard, Border Guard, and Territorial Security Forces were requisitioned for the invasion of Japan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January 20

Seiren Kingdom, Seiren Island

After escaping from the rule of the Altian army, the Seiren Kingdom has made a new start in its recovery. The government-in-exile of Seiren has changed its name to the Provisional Government as it has once again set its foot on the homeland, and has set up its headquarters in the relatively undamaged Zion as a temporary capital to replace the heavily damaged capital of Selenia due to the fierce battle between the Altian army and the Seiren Kingdom.

In addition, the cleanup of the Altian Empire's forces is going smoothly, and the remaining soldiers who escaped from the base during the surprise attack are being detained by the US Marines in Zion. The remaining Altian troops, who were scattered throughout the country and were tasked with suppressing the partisans in various places, have changed to being suppressed by losing their largest base, and are continuing to resist the suppressive attacks by the former partisans in various places. It was only a matter of time before they were all overrun.

Japanese Base Headquarters (Temporary), Provisional Capital Zion

The SDF, who had liberated the Seiren Kingdom by destroying the Altian army, were constructing a command center, including communication facilities, at the site of the Altian army base, in parallel with the construction of an airstrip in the interior. The pre-fabricated command center was filled with Seirennian people who were seeking help from the liberating Japanese forces.

"Please... bring back my daughter who was kidnapped to the continent!"

"...Can you help my village somehow? We're short on manpower."

A garrison guard made up of members of the JGSDF was holding back the people who were petitioning the command center. They had been ordered to shoot and kill any Zion citizens who tried to enter the command center, if they had to.

Command Room 1

Rear Admiral Makoto Hasegawa, the commander of the Japan-US Joint Fleet, was looking down from the window of the Command Room 1 at the people crowding below. A senior SDF officer came to him and reported the situation.