Margraviate of Zittold

December 26

Margraviate of Zittold, Crossnellyard Empire

The day after the gambling incident, the delegation members in the truck are rocking on the road to Zittold. One of the delegation's escorts, Senior Master Sergeant Seiji Takao, had a look in his eyes that was filled with some sadness.

"...What's going on?"

Endo, noticing his lack of energy, asked why.

"No, I had some lingering feelings in Japan..."

When asked by Endo, Takao begins to talk about his regret.

"My sister's son, my nephew, is going to play in the upcoming high school soccer championship... I'm disappointed that I won't be able to go see him play at this rate..."

"Ah, that's unfortunate... I didn't know that..."

Endo was aware of Takao's feelings.

"By the way, which high school does your nephew go to?"

Nitta, who was listening to the conversation, asked Takao.

"Omine Business High School. Do you know it?"

"...That's a big name in Kagoshima! Of course I know. It is a prestigious name that has produced many great players who once supported the Japanese national team in its early days. The 'Joy of Johor Bahru' remains in my childhood memories. Your nephew is amazing to be a regular there!"

Takao smiled sheepishly when his nephew was praised. The three continued to exchange small talk. At that moment, Sergeant First Class Toda, who was sitting in the passenger seat of the truck, turned around and makes a report to the delegation sitting in the back.

"I see a town up ahead! It's Zittold!"

"!"

The delegation finally had the final destination of their journey in sight. The members of the delegation braced themselves as they looked ahead to where another Japanese national awaits them.

. . .

Margraviate of Zittold Capital

The vast territory of the Crossnellyard Empire, the world's largest empire, is divided into 11 margraviates, including Zittold, which governs the outer fringes of the empire, the seven order states that govern the inland areas, and the Imperial Domain centered on the capital Lithianburg, which is ruled by the Emperor. In particular, the margraviates bordering on other countries are granted broad decentralization, including ownership of their own military forces and limited diplomatic rights except for those granted to the emperor, such as the right to declare war and conclude treaties. Although this country bears the name of an empire and appears to be a powerful centralized state, it is in fact a huge federal state in which the rights of each region are recognized even more than in the United States of America.

Finally, at noon on December 26, the 14-member delegation arrived in the main city of Zittold. The margraviate of the Crossnellyard Empire boasts an economic and military power equal to that of any other nation. The main city of Zittold was a city of such scale that it could be compared to Seve.

"........."

In contrast to Seve, however, the atmosphere of this city was somewhat grim. The faces of the citizens seen through the windows of the truck were sullen, and from time to time, dead bodies could be seen lying on the streets. Passing through the gloomy city, the truck carrying the group headed for the residence of the margrave.

Margrave of Zittold's Mansion Office

Lochfell Foreimen, the head of the Foreimen Family that governs the region, was working in his office. At that moment, a subordinate entered his office.

"Lord Lochfell, His Highness Sareed Troas, Crown Prince of the Atelica Empire, and the delegation of Japan have just arrived."

"...They're here!? Welcome them at once!"

"Yes, My Lord!!"

Upon learning that his long-awaited guests had finally arrived, Lochfell immediately ordered them to pass through to the parlor.

Margrave of Zittold's Mansion Parlor

After being ushered into the parlor, Sareed, Nitta, Endo, and Shimon sat down on the sofa in the room. They were sitting when they heard the sound of a doorknob being turned, and they stood up at the same time to welcome Lochfell who had entered the room.

"It's been a long time, Your Highness."

"It's my pleasure. Sorry for the sudden visit."

Lochfell and Sareed, who already know each other, exchanged a light greeting. Sareed pointed out the man standing to his left and introduced him to Lochfell.

"This is Noboru Nitta, a Japanese diplomat. Mr. Noboru, this is Lochfell Foreimen, Margrave of Zittold."

Upon being introduced by the Crown Prince, Nitta held out his right hand to Lochfell for a handshake.

"Pleasure to meet you."

"It's my pleasure as well. Let's get right down to business."

Lochfell shook Nitta's hand and ushered the four of them to sit down. Nitta and Lochfell then sat down on the sofa across the table from each other, and under Sareed's mediation, they began the first discussion between Japan and the Margrave of Zittold.

"We are aware of the reason for your visit. You want the return of the Japanese..."

"Yes."

Lochfell suddenly gets to the heart of these talks. The reason for the Japanese delegation's visit to Zittold had been communicated by the Atelican government before their departure.

"We were surprised to learn that slavery does not exist in your country, but in view of the circumstances surrounding her capture by Prince Fathi, we are prepared to return her to your country. However, we do have one request as a condition..."

A little perplexed by the unexpectedly rapid pace of the conversation, Nitta asked about Lochfell's last words.

"A condition...?"

"Yes. If you accept my conditions and grant my wish, I will not ask you to return the money I paid to purchase her. But to explain that, we need to move to another room... Please follow me..."

Lochfell then stands up and tells them to follow him. The four members of the delegation followed his lead and are led to the other room mentioned by Lochfell.