A Hut in the Polar Region

Inside the Type 10 snowmobile, snowfield

The man and woman who appeared before the resource survey team, boasting of their outlandish physiques, were members of the legendary Lime tribe. The survey team was guided to their village, where they drove the snowmobile through the snowfield.

"How convenient, to be able to drive on the snow without any beasts! Is this also from your country of Japan?"

Velez, the Lime woman, marveled at the sled that went over the snow without being pulled by a beast, and the two of them sat in the Type 10 snowmobile, their huge bodies stretched out in the snow.

"Yes. It's called a snowmobile, and it's a vehicle used to get around on snow."

"Oooh!"

Velez's eyes lit up as she listened to Sergeant First Class Aozuka's explanation. She was intrigued by the sled that propels itself that had been created by a country far to the east.

"But it's a bit cramped. Can't the ceiling be a little higher?"

Dajiborg, another Lime tribesman, complained about the narrowness of the snowmobile. Given the size of their bodies, it is not surprising that the interior of a Type 10 snowmobile is small.

"Velez-san! Is this the right direction?"

Sergeant First Class Shimaoka, sitting in the passenger seat of the snowmobile, asked if the direction in which the survey team is heading is correct.

"Yes! Keep going, straight! At this speed we'll be there soon!"

Immediately after Velez spoke, Shimaoka, who was looking through binoculars, finally spotted a 'small group of buildings' on the snowfield.

"Oh, I see them! I see a small settlement!"

After about three hours of driving over the snowfield, the survey team's vehicle finally caught sight of the desired location.

. . .

Lime Settlement, Snowfield

The settlement was located in the vicinity of the Grassall Volcanic Area and was out of sight from the blind spot where the research team encountered the Rotom polar bear. There, like Velez and Dajiborg, there lived the Lime tribesmen who boasted a height of 2,5 to 3 meters.

"Hey, look. What's that?"

One man living in the settlement spotted a mysterious object approaching from the horizon. They were approaching toward him, sending up a flurry of snow.

"Is that a new animal?"

"What do we do? It's heading this way!"

"It wants to fight!?"

One after another, the men picked up giant spears in order to defeat the mysterious object approaching from across the snowfield.

Type 10 snowmobile interior

From the passenger's seat, Shimaoka looked at the village through binoculars and frowned.

"Everyone in the village is looking at us with spears in their hands. Perhaps they've mistaken us for animal or something?"

"What...?"

Upon hearing Shimaoka's report, First Lieutenant Wajima pulled up to the front of the loading platform and gazed through the windshield at the Lime village. As he reported, huge men with spears were gathered in front of the village, and he sensed an unusual atmosphere.

"That's not good. Stop the sled and we'll explain."

Dajiborg, who had been listening to Shimaoka, told him to stop the Type 10 snowmobile.