The Truth Revealed

March 11

Imperial Palace, Custefai, Altian Empire

The attack on the Capital Guard and the fall of McTayle were brought to the ears of the country's emperor, Uvarito IV.

"How is it possible... that the mainland is under attack and that a major city is now occupied by the enemy!?"

The emperor's angry shouts echoed through the throne room. His eyes were bloodshot and veins appeared on his forehead. The Imperial Guards lined up against the wall, and Vizier Irta Orbit, who had been summoned to the throne room, broke out in a cold sweat. Irta opened his mouth immediately to try to explain himself.

"I don't know what's going on either... I think that the Minister of Military Affairs Sitos probably knows everything."

"Then bring Sitos here immediately!" Uvarito IV roared with more angry words. Irta's body jerked with the beat.

He then exited the throne room and contacted the Administrative Bureau, instructing them to summon Sitos Sphinoid. However, the report he received from the other side of the faith shell was far from what he had expected.

"This morning... Lord Sitos has not visited the Military Affairs Bureau."

"...What!?"

Irta is shocked. Perhaps Sitos is trying to sneak out of his sight. He thinks so and ordered the officer on the other side.

"Send the fast horse to his residence immediately! Drag Sitos out at all costs!"

If he did not do so, he might find himself denounced in the Senate. To avoid the worst, Irta had to get Sitos to appear before the Senate at any costs.

Sphinoid Family Residence, Custefai Downtown

Under the order of the vizier, Irta, three officials were hurrying to the Sitos' residence on horseback. Soon after, they arrived at the gate of the Sphinoid family residence. The main gate had been left open, and there was no sign of anyone inside. The officials dismounted from their horses and entered the grounds of the mansion. Standing in front of the main entrance, they called out to the inside of the mansion.

"We are the Administrative Bureau! Minister of Military Affairs Sitos Sphinoid, you have been ordered to appear before the Senate. You are to come with us immediately!"

One of the officials, Vista Lips, declared and grabbed the handle of the front door and opened it.

"...?"

Vista and the others are astonished. There was only one janitor in the mansion. He was rummaging through a vase on a small table, and another was holding a silver candlestick in his arms. Around him, things were disappearing from where paintings, statues, and other ornaments might have been, leaving traces of them here and there. It was as if he had been the victim of a group robbery.

"Who are you!? What are you doing here!?"

Vista demanded at the janitor. The janitor, not wanting to be mistaken for a thief, explained the reason for the situation at the mansion without pretense.

"Earlier today... Lord Sitos suddenly announced his dismissal of us and told us to take whatever we wanted from the house in exchange..."

"...Huh!? So where is the minister!?"

"He went away with his wife and three children..."

Vista and the others are again astonished by the words of the janitor. Minister of Military Affairs Sitos Sphinoid had fled the capital with his family.