Seiren Kingdom Surprise Attack Operation 2

January 10, Morning

Downtown, Port City of Zion, Seiren Kingdom

The sounds of explosions created by a surprise attack by Japan-US Joint Fleet echoed throughout Zion, waking up all the inhabitants of the city. This was also the case in the partisan headquarters located in the basement of a liquor store in the city, where former soldiers and police officers of the Seiren Kingdom gathered.

Five days ago, the partisans had been discovered by Imperial soldiers at their base, and after a fierce escape, they had narrowly escaped with their lives. They were resting in their underground hideout in preparation for the next battle. On the roof of the building, those who had escaped injury were taking turns as guards, keeping a watchful eye on the surroundings and observing the occupation base.

"...!!"

The guards were startled by the huge explosion that had occurred at the Altian base. A little later, the sound of explosions echoed through Zion. And not just once. The flames struck the base again and again, and the sound of the explosion echoed throughout the city over and over again.

"W-what happened!?"

The sound of the explosions woke up the residents of the city, who came out of their buildings one after another. Then, from their underground hideout in the tavern, members of the partisans came up to the rooftop where a sentry was standing guard to confirm the identity of the mysterious explosion. One of them was Cecily Limbus, a former general of the Seiren Kingdom and the general commander of the partisans.

"What the hell is going on here!?"

Cecily demanded the partisan member on guard about the unusual situation, but he too had no idea why this was happening.

"...T-there appears to be a large explosion at the Imperial base. We think they are under attack!"

"What!?"

The Altian Empire's base, which had been tormenting the country for a long time, was suddenly attacked by surprise and burst into flames. Astonished, Cecily swung his gaze toward the base once again.

"What in the world... are they?"

In this Far East, there is no country that can compete with the Altian Empire. Cecily and his group, who fought a fierce battle with the Empire for two months, know this very well. But right now, the reality is that the base of a Seven Dragon and the Altian Empire is under onslaught. There's no way to check from this distance, but he's sure that underneath the flames of that explosion, there's a mountain of dead Altian soldiers.

He didn't know what the reason is, but some mysterious faction is attacking their enemy, the Altian Empire. To their eyes, it looked that way. Cecily thought that it was probably one of the six remaining nations of the Seven Dragons, the same as the Altian Empire.

"Whatever it is, this is an opportunity!"

The partisans, led by Cecily, rode out of their hideout on their horses. They made their way past the citizens of Zion, who were anxious about the sound of the explosions, and headed towards the dying Altian base.

. . .

Sky off the coast of Zion

E-2D Hawkeye

33 F-35Cs of the 41st Air Wing and the 5 F-35Bs, which took off from the amphibious assault ship Shimabara, turned their noses toward the sea where they had flown after completing their strikes. The harbor below them was lined with enemy warships.

"How many ships are lined up in the harbor?"

The E-2D communicated to the flagship Akagi. The operator, Warrant Officer Asahi Daimon, looked down through the window at the sea.