Turbulent World

November 1, Before Dawn

Lithianburg Red Cross Hospital

Two men were looking out the window of the waiting area, which is illuminated by electric lights. A woman approached them from the back of the hospital, looking nervous.

"Her Highness is in a private room on the second floor. She is sleeping soundly, looks like the fatigue of her body and mind has taken its toll on her."

One of the nurses, Midori Gotanda, reported to the two doctors who are leaning against the window and wall. The two were relieved at first, but then quickly shifted their gaze out the window.

"Is it true? It is said that the entire imperial family of this country has been assassinated."

Anesthesiologist Arakawa questioned the truth of the matter.

"...I don't know the details. But I am certain that there was a group of people inside the palace who wanted to harm the princess."

Shibata told them that he is certain at this point. In desperation, they fled back to the hospital and stayed awake at night listening to what was going on outside, fearing the presence of their pursuers.

"The night will soon be over. In the morning, we will know everything."

Looking at the brightening eastern sky, Shibata murmured. The curtain was about to rise on a long day for them and for the world.

. . .

Morning

Imperial Pavilion

"AAAAAAAHH!!"

On this morning, the Imperial Palace began the day with the screams of the servants. As usual on this day, they went to wake up the imperial family and found eight dead bodies lying on their beds. Upon being informed of the commotion, Prince Alphon and the commander of the Imperial Guard, Ciri, moved the Guards to temporarily close the residence to prevent the commotion from spreading, and restricted the access of the servants and maids.

A few hours later, after confirming the situation, they sent a detailed report of the situation to the relevant authorities in the government. The details of the situation caused a great deal of confusion in the imperial government. Immediately, ministers and senators were summoned and an emergency Central Assembly was held. At the same time, the details of the situation were also revealed to the citizens who had gathered in the palace square in the center of the capital, who had sensed the commotion. Soon after, the 18 heads who governed the various regions of the country were informed of the details as well.

The announcement from the imperial government was also spread around the world by the embassies of various countries in Lithianburg and by the World Magic Telecommunications Company.

. . .

Japanese Embassy

Yukiji Tokita, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to the Crossnellyard Empire, is dismayed by the sudden situation. The embassy was in a panic to make an urgent report to the Japanese government.

"What is happening here!?"

"I don't know. It was announced suddenly this morning!" replied an embassy official.

The sudden and deadly news issued by the government of Crossnellyard, the contents of which were as follows.

"His Majesty the Emperor Fasta Ed Anglem III and his two queens, His Highness Prince Jettis May Anglem and the princess, two younger sons and two daughters, a total of nine people are confirmed to have passed away."