Return of the Royal Family

January 10

Zion, Seiren Kingdom

After completing the raid on the Altian Empire's base, the commander of the Japan-US Joint Fleet, Rear Admiral Hasegawa, and the leading figures of the government-in-exile, Pricess Helenas and Prince Menelas, arrived at the port on board the Nagato, escorted by SDF personnel as they made their way to the residence of the former Lord of Zion. As many imperial soldiers are expected to have fled into the city due to the surprise attack on the base, the Seirennians and SDF soldiers who are escorting them are keeping a close eye on the surroundings.

"...The King's children have returned!"

"What nation's army are these men that Princess Helenas has brought with her?"

"I've never seen them before..."

The citizens of Zion looked on in awe at the triumphant return with the foreign army that had annihilated the occupation forces with overwhelming power, while shouting with joy at the return of the royal family. Afterwards, the triumphal procession arrived at the residence of the Lord of Zion in the interior of the city. The Altian soldiers who had executed the original owner of the house, the lord's family, and seized the house, seemed to have already fled somewhere. The government-in-exile, the Provisional Government, and the only two remaining members of the royal family stepped into the house, which had already become a shadow of its former self.

. . .

Former Lord of Zion's mansion

As Princess Helenas entered the mansion, she looked around the deserted dining room and told Simov Lacrimal, the commander of the Royal Guard, the officials of the Provisional Government, and Prince Menelas, who were standing beside her, about the future management policy of the government.

"In place of the destroyed capital city of Selenia, let's make this Zion city the temporary capital of the time being. This will be the base for the rebirth of the Seiren Kingdom."

There was no one who could disagree with her words, as she was destined to become the next monarch according to the order of succession to the throne. The retainers bowed their heads deeply as they listened to the princess's decision. If anything, the decision was unavoidable since Selenia, the original capital, had been almost completely destroyed in fierce fighting.

"...I would like to confirm, Your Highness, that in accordance with the agreement to retake the Seiren Kingdom, we will build a base for the Japanese army here... is that correct?"

The one who asked this was Hasegawa, who had entered the banquet room with them.

"...Yes, we have no intention of reneging on our promise."

To Hasegawa's question, Helenas replied firmly. After hearing the princess's answer, Hasegawa bowed to her and then left the banquet room. The members of the Provisional Government, who were watching the back of the SDF as they left, felt a vague sense of unease.

Later, supplies, trucks, and heavy machinery for the construction of the new base were unloaded from the transport ship Ōsumi and the destroyer Kaga that had docked at the port of Zion. Helenas, who was watching from the balcony of her house, had mixed feelings about the situation.

'The Altian Empire's army was wiped out in the blink of an eye...'

It is indeed a miracle that they were able to regain their country. But it was not a victory for the kingdom, but a victory for Japan. In her memory, the horror of the surprise attack flashed back again and again.

'Are they angels, or demons...?'

Looking at the contents of the talks held in the Savant Kingdom and the articles of the Constitution that this country has, they know that Japan is not a belligerent country, and they know that they are a pacifist country that denies waging wars of aggression, unlike the Altian Empire.