Putting an End

February 8

North beach of Miket Tirith, Eastern Crossnellyard Empire

After a fierce battle, the Self-Defense Forces, which had succeeded in driving out the forces of the usurper Alphon Sikh Anglem from Miket Tirith, were engaged in landing vehicles, supplies, and personnel with the help of the US Forces Japan.

"The LCACs are coming up on the beach! Watch out!"

An LCAC carrying armored vehicles pulled up onto the northern beach outside the urban area of Miket Tirith, which had been named Landing Site Two by the Operations Command. This was the area where the Katzel and Lacnam armies had once formed a camp. Both armies were broken up during the landing operations, and those who surrendered are now under the custody of the Miket Army, which is engaged in clearing away the traces of the battle. The Japanese are grateful that the Miket Army have offered to manage the POWs, as it reduces the burden on the Japanese side.

"Type 10 tank... landing complete."

The last tank carried by the Oga is placed on the beach. With this, the landing of all vehicles brought by the five amphibious assault ships and transport ships that took part in the landing operation was completed.

"That's all that's left. Once all the vehicles and equipment brought in by Green Bay are landed, the landing operation will be complete."

One of the GSDF members pointed toward the sea. There, a huge ship that had not been there during the landing operations was floating. The ship was the USS Green Bay, a dock landing ship of the US Navy that once called Sasebo home. The ship, which had played an active role in the Japanese-Altian War four years earlier, had arrived at Miket Tirith later than the 26 ships that had participated in the landing operation, and had brought more reinforcements with her. The LCAC that had just transported the Type 10 tanks turned its hull and headed back out to sea. It, along with other LCACs, was heading for Green Bay where it was waiting on the sea.

The citizens of Miket Tirith and farmers living on the outskirts of the city watch onlookers as the landing crews continue their operations. Japanese ships used to visit the port before the war broke out, and even the Shimabara-class amphibious assault ship visited the city once a month under the name of "trading ship". The size and appearance of the Japanese ships were no longer a surprise to the residents of this city, but since this was the first time that Japanese troops had come here for the purpose of war, the citizens were feeling an inexpressible tension as they watched them.

"The Japanese army is coming ashore more and more. Is this city going to be all right...?"

"They are going to invade the capital."

"Then... it's good that the usurper who assassinated the Emperor will be defeated, but... I hope the capital will not be turned into a sea of fire."

The LCAC landed on the beach again, and the vehicles were unloaded onto the land. Once on land, they drove inland. Around the landing site, the various vehicles that had been unloaded were arranged in regular groups.

"I heard that all those green automobiles are military vehicles."

"So that's the original purpose of that ship."

Two of the onlookers are pointing to a group of armored vehicles that have been brought ashore. Among them were not only the AAV7s and Type 20 amphibious vehicles that participated in the operation, but also self-propelled artillery and self-propelled anti-aircraft guns that were later lifted, various armored vehicles for transporting troops, Type 10 tanks and Type 16 MCVs. There were a wide variety of armored vehicles and weapons for all contingencies. In a place where each vehicle was stopped, SDF personnel and Miket Army soldiers were talking with each other. The purpose was to confirm whether or not they could rent a warehouse at the port, how far they could use the land, and other such details.