Land of Dwarfs, Homunculus Kingdom 1

January 21

Homunculus Kingdom, off the east coast of the Annan Continent

The day after leaving Kourbossa, the Maritime Self-Defense Force's amphibious assault ship Oga arrived at the coast of the Homunculus Kingdom on the east coast of the Annan Continent.

'Arrived already!? It's so fast!'

Lentis, who has been a guest aboard the ship since yesterday, is left amazed. It would have taken a normal ship a week and a half at the earliest, but the Oga had arrived in just one day. The flight deck stretches out like the earth on the sea, the huge hangar inside the ship, and the overwhelming speed, which cannot be imagined from the huge castle-like hull that goes over the sea, astonishes Lentis once again.

Oga Bridge

The chief navigator, Commander Sonobe, looked through binoculars at a beautiful sandy beach and a thickly forested area behind it.

"So that's the Homunculus Kingdom... there is no port anywhere... Where is the capital of the dwarves?" She asked Lentis, a guide standing by her side.

"Their capital is in that forest. Unless you are familiar with the area, you will not be able to find it."

"Eh!? Then...!"

Everyone present, including Sonobe, is surprised by his words.

"Don't worry. I was sent to guide you to their capital."

Lentis calmed the agitated Sonobe. Captain Ando, seeing the situation, gave order to everyone present.

"But that would make it impossible for the ship to land. Prepare the amphibious vehicles inside the well dock."

"Yes, sir!"

Upon Ando's decision, water pouring begins inside the well-dock. After that, a Type 20 amphibious vehicle with three SDF officers and a driver, who were to serve as negotiators with them, departed from the well dock at Oga. The purpose of the negotiations was to obtain permission for the Japanese Navy to conduct military deployment within the territorial waters of the Homunculus Kingdom in order to defeat the Leviathan.

The dwarves do not have a culture of using magical tools such as faith shells. They also rarely go out to sea. Therefore, when negotiating with them, it is basically necessary to visit the area where they live. However, it is extremely difficult to find their capital city in the vast forest.

The main industry of the Homunculus Kingdom is the manufacture of trinkets. The value of the accessories made by the dwarves, which are decorated with precise and intricate details that are impossible to be done by human hands, is highly valued not only on the subcontinent but also on other continents. However, there are only a few of the ornaments made by the dwarves for the outside world available on the market. Therefore, merchants on the Annan Continent compete to obtain these items, and once a month, they travel to the Homunculus Kingdom to participate in business transactions with the dwarves.

. . .

Homunculus Kingdom Beach

A Type 20 amphibious vehicle launched from the Oga's well dock and traveled at 24 knots over water and onto the beach. It was developed independently by Japan as a successor to the AAV7, and boasted the world's highest level of performance among Earth's military amphibious vehicles in terms of the number of troops it could transport and its speed.

"Unlike the ones on the Mugen Islands, the vegetation is unlike anything we have seen on our old world..."

One of the SDF officers who got out of the amphibious vehicle, Petty Officer Second Class Tanemitsu Hirata, a medic, muttered to himself as he picked one of the plants growing on the ground.