Aftermath of Victory

This is the final chapter of Part 2.

- Bokutotsu Zen'u

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shōnan Bridge

The oceanic observation ship Shōnan, in charge of underwater exploration, also received reports of the Leviathan's death.

"We did it!!"

The crew jumped up, clapped their hands, and shared their joy. In the bridge, which was filled with jubilation, were the observer military officers, Lentis Olfactory and Bartonella Hensele.

"I can't believe they really defeated the Leviathan...!"

Bartonella, standing on the edge of the window, spoke to Lentis with a look of astonishment. Their gaze fell on the figure of the legendary monster, which had died after a mysterious attack and collapsed on the sea surface.

"Yes...! This must be reported to the home country as soon as possible!"

Lentis then used a medium-range faith shell supplied by the Foreign Affairs Office to convey the news of the successful defeat of the Leviathan to the Foreign Affairs of the Elmstacia Empire. Bartonella, who had returned to the capital, also immediately reported this fact to the royal court.

Two days later

A sandy beach in the Homunculus Kingdom

Two days after a small banquet was held in the Oga's hangar to celebrate the successful defeat of the Leviathan, the executives were wondering what to do with Leviathan's remains.

"Now, what should we do with it...?"

Looking at the remains of the legendary monster lying on the seafloor at a depth of about 8 meters, with the left half of its body exposed above the surface of the sea, Oga's deputy commander, Kato, muttered to himself. Beside these executives, the dwarf tribesmen who had come out of the forest were fussing over the remains of the Leviathan.

"My goodness...! They really defeated the legendary monster!"

"Who are they, really...!?"

"They are the navy of a nation called Japan."

"I heard that the Emperor of Elmstacia has commissioned them to exterminate the Leviathan."

With the frenzied dwarfs in the background, the executives discussed what to do with the Leviathan. The Leviathan could not be left to rot, as its decomposing remains would release all kinds of pollutants and foul odors that would surely destroy the surrounding environment. The most ideal thing for them would have been to transport the remains of the Leviathan to Kourbossa once before returning to Japan and show off their results to the entire Annan Continent, but even the Oga, the largest of the fleet, could not carry the Leviathan, which boasts a massive 185 meters in height and weight.

"...Alright!"

While the executives were worrying, Rear Admiral Suzuki suddenly clapped his hands and looked as if he had come up with something.

Penfield, Homunculus Kingdom

Royal Palace Throne Room

Bartonella, an observer officer of the Homunculus Kingdom who had returned to Penfield, the capital, had an audience with King Reybies Vialas to report the results of the mission.

"What!? Is this report true!?"

King Reybies was so shocked by the words of Bartonella, who was kneeling in front of his throne, that he could not believe his ears.