Amazing Grace I

Royal Palace, Hoffenom, capital of the Lysania Kingdom

The Lysania Kingdom, an "Indoctrination Army State" founded by the leader of the Lost Land Restoration Movement, was one of the Irulan nations that participated in the war against Japan, or "Holy War" declared by Emperor Alphon I. Starting with the Lysania Kingdom, most of the leading Indoctrination Army States, such as the Duchy of Lievant, County of Hircea, and County of Januyai, announced their participation in this war, which was recognized as a Holy War by the Holy Rovance Papal State, and they were planning to invade the mainland of Japan. In order to participate in the Japan Invasion Fleet, a fleet and soldiers were sent to Miket Tirith, where the fleet was organized.

However, the fleet that had been dispatched to Japan was almost disbanded before it even set sail, due to the defection of the heads of the Empire's 18 regions who learned of Alphon's falsehoods through Jettis' declaration of the establishment of a government in exile. Even under such circumstances, the soldiers of the regions ruled by the heads who supported the current emperor, as well as the soldiers of the Irulan nations and the Crossnellyard Imperial Domain, remained in Miket Tirith. The Japanese had been preparing for the landing on Miket Tirith for three months, and most of the army stationed there suffered catastrophic damage.

The Lysania Kingdom was no exception, and in the Second Battle of the Glenkia Peninsula, in which it attacked the SDF base in Lucinia on its own initiative together with the Duchy of Lievant's fleet in an attempt to curry favor with the Pope and emperor, but spectacularly repulsed by the 13th Escort Squadron of the JMSDF, and most of the troops and warships were destroyed. The few survivors were then wiped out in the Landing on Miket Tirith.

The destruction of the army and Japan's successive victories in the war reached the ears of the Arabanne people, who had been harshly treated as conquered people in the country, leading to protests and independence movements in the areas where they live, and they are gradually becoming unable to control the situation. Even in the capital, some of the conquered subjects turned into a mob and attacked stores.

"The local security forces were beaten by the independence movement of the former Iridos Kingdom (former Arabanne cultural sphere country) citizens in the western region..."

A civil official visiting the king's office informed the king that he has, in effect, allowed the independence of the Arabanne people he conquered some 40 years ago.

"...Ugh!"

The situation in the country continued to worsen, and King Baudouin III could not help but be troubled. The same situation could be seen in the other Indoctrination Army States, and the deteriorating situation in the areas they controlled was about to become a huge, unstoppable swell that would engulf all of them.

"The Papal State has lost its mind... withdrawing the Holy War!? What about all the sacrifices and losses we have incurred!?"

Baudouin III was still in complete disbelief at the Papal State's decision to officially announced the decision to officially announce the withdrawal of the Holy War. The reason for the withdrawal was announced by the Papal State as 'because they were ashamed of having given the Holy War to a usurper.' However, for those who had participated in the Holy War in order to maintain the ideal of Alphon's rule and to improve their own status, the question of who had killed the former emperor was clearly unimportant. What they could not forgive was that by 'withdrawing the Holy War,' their actions, which had already caused losses and sacrifices to the extent that the operation of the nation was stunted, had become meaningless and worthless. It was nothing short of desecration of the honor of the soldiers who had died.

"We are... nothing more than clowns dancing around the falsehoods of the current emperor! What about us... what about the honor of our dead soldiers!?" Baudouin III vented his resentment against Alphon and the Pope.