Peace Negotiations

April 7

Conference Hall, Jemdert, Mystania Kingdom

On this day, a meeting between the Japanese delegation and a delegation of the Provisional Government of the Seiren Kingdom was being held in Jemdert, the capital of the Mystania Kingdom, one of the Five Kingdoms of Northaroia. The topic of discussion was the handling of the Self-Defense Forces base built in the city of Zion and the treaty. Now that the Japanese-Altian War has ended, the base has completed its original role that led to its establishment, and based on the agreement concluded between the two countries before the war, it was decided to set up a meeting to discuss the future treatment of the base and the quid pro quo for recapturing the kingdom, which was clearly stated in the agreement.

"The Japanese government wishes to retain the base in Zion as a base for maritime trade and for maintaining security in the surrounding waters."

The two sides are facing each other across a long table in a conference hall provided by the government of the Mystania Kingdom. Around them stood soldiers of the Mystanian army, watching the conference. Then Kosuke Minegishi, Minister of Foreign Affairs and head of the Japanese delegation, explained the Japanese government's intentions.

"We are well aware that we owe a great debt of gratitude to your country, and we cannot thank you enough for that. We are also aware that the reconstruction of Zion, even more so than the capital city of Selenia, has progressed thanks to the funds dropped by the soldiers belonging to the Japanese military base."

The recapture and reconstruction of the Seiren Kingdom was built on the benefits of Japan. Helenas expresses her gratitude for that pure fact.

"...But it is also true that there are a few in the government who are concerned about the presence of another country's troops in the country."

Many in the government of the Seiren Kingdom were wary of Japan, which had demonstrated overwhelming violence in the battle for the kingdom, and they were vocal in their opposition to the base. Helenas was concerned about what they would do if the base was allowed to remain.

"...I understand. For now, let's decide the fate of the base later. Another important thing for us is the payback for the battle to retake Seiren. It has been decided in our agreement with your country that you will pay us a reasonable price according to our claims, is that correct?"

The Seiren Kingdom, in its agreement with Japan, accepted a clause that in return for the recapture of its lands, the Seiren Kingdom will submit some consideration to Japan, taking into consideration the wishes of the Japanese government.

"Yes, we will not do anything to violate the agreement."

Helenas responds to Minegishi's question with a firm answer.

"Matsuo-kun... I'll need the documents."

After confirming the intentions of the Seiren side, Minegishi called out the name of a foreign affairs bureaucrat. The man whose name was called took out a document from a bag he kept at his feet.

"Regarding the claim that our country is seeking from your country... here it is."

Yuuki Matsuo, a foreign affairs bureaucrat, handed the documents he had taken out to each of the Seiren delegation members. It contained the following information.

"In return for our risking our lives to reclaim this country, we would like you to grant us the right to survey and mine new mines throughout the country of Seiren."

"...! The underground resources of the entire land!?"

Helenas heard Minegishi's words back. The Japanese government has requested the right to mine resources in Seiren.