Doctor's Daily Life - Special Karte 1

I apologize for the delay.

I was honestly wondering whether or not I should publish this chapter, which does not delve into the main story, but I decided to publish it anyway because I felt that if I did not tell the story of "his" past, his later actions would be uncomfortable.

I'm afraid that there are a lot of unnatural points in this story because my knowledge of the medical field is still limited. I am sorry in advance.

- Bokutotsu Zen'u

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

October 21, 2029

Narita International Airport, Chiba Prefecture

On this day, a high-ranking official of the Japanese government flew by air on a secretly chartered Hinomaru Airlines passenger plane to the port city of Lucinia in the Elmstacia Empire (to be precise, once via an airfield in the Tomino Kingdom for refueling).

"Narita has become deserted..."

The official looked out the window of the plane at Terminal 1, which had lost its liveliness. It was no wonder. The airport had lost all of its existing international routes as a result of the transference. Narita International Airport, which had opened as "Narita for international flights" in contrast to "Haneda for domestic flights," and had a large number of international flights, was closed for a while after the transference.

Later, Narita once again had international flights as Japan met many friendly countries in other lands, acquired new territories in the outer regions, and even created countries for foreigners in Japan, some of which had airfields built by the Japanese government. Therefore, the planes that leave here today are bound for 'friendly countries,' 'countries for foreigners in Japan,' or bases in 'foreign lands' where airfields have been established by the Japanese government, like the one in Lucinia to which he is going. However, there are currently seven such airports abroad, and Narita's international market is far from metastasizing.

"........."

Touji Higashizusu, the Administrative Vice Minister at the Foreign Ministry, gazed out the window and chewed on the gravity of this mission. The other officials on board also wrinkled their brows, as they had no idea what they were getting themselves into.

"Good morning. Thank you for flying Hinomaru Airlines today. This is Hinomaru Airlines Flight 411, a special government flight to Lucinia via Pais. Please fasten your seatbelt and place your baggage under the seat in front of you or in the overhead bin. Departure time is scheduled for 05:50..."

The CA's announcement echoed through the cabin. At the same time, the fasten seatbelt sign lights up, and passenger officials reached for their seatbelts.

"The plane will be taking off shortly. Please make sure your seatbelt is fastened..."

The announcement is made again. Immediately after, the plane began to move and run toward the runway. What he saw through the window was the quiet city of Narita, where people had not yet started their activities because it was early in the morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

October 22

Lithianburg Red Cross Hospital, Crossnellyard Empire

With five days to go before the arrival of the Kojima at Miket Tirith, the doctors awaiting the arrival of the trading vessel were going about their business as usual. Deputy Director Kanzaki was visiting the laboratory. There, laboratory technicians and pathologist Koichi Domoto were observing and examining tissue fragments and bacteria taken from patients. They were not only analyzing body fluids collected from patients, but also searching for unknown pathogens as their primary mission.