Exchange Meeting

Sactoa, capital of the Lebameno Federation

Departing from the port city of Norval, the resource survey team headed north in single file along the road leading to the capital city of Sactoa. It takes about three hours to drive through the extremely tranquil landscape of coniferous forests and wilderness. Finally, the survey team arrived at the capital city of Sactoa.

"We have finally arrived."

"Yes! It took longer than I thought it would!"

First Lieutenant Wajima, sitting in the driver's seat, answered Murata's question as he rides in the back of an oversized truck cab. They arrive at the outskirts of the capital city, and what unfolds before their eyes is a fantastic landscape of white-colored people and white-colored livestock, lined with steeply sloped roofs built to protect against heavy snowfall. After passing through a group of houses, the group arrived at the center of the capital.

The Lebameno Federation is a federation of seven states, each of which has its own monarch, but the customary head of state is the king of the Yurisk Branch, which has the capital, Sactoa. The capital city is a prosperous city as the center of the federation, and not only houses but also buildings reminiscent of the Rococo style stand side by side in the aristocratic residential area in the center of the city, which further enhances the fantastic atmosphere that the city creates.

Federal Land Office, Sactoa

Upon entering the capital, the resource survey team visited the Federal Land Agency, the administrative agency in charge of land development in the Lebameno Federation. A man appears in front of the 10-member resource survey team as they entered the building, accompanied by several guards.

"Friends of the resource survey team, thank you for coming all the way from Japan!"

Alexam Osteocyte, Minister of the Federal Land Agency, welcomes the resource survey team. Then, one of the team members approaches him.

"My name is Yoshinao Murata, and I am the leader of the survey team."

Murata holds out his right hand for a handshake. Alexam shook it back with his own right hand and explained to the survey team his plans for the future.

"We are planning to leave for the northern undeveloped area the day after tomorrow, is that all right?"

"Yes, that's fine."

Hearing Murata's words, Alexam looked a bit relieved.

"Thank you very much. You must be tired after your long trip, and we will take you to your lodgings as soon as possible. Tomorrow, we will give you a briefing on the northern region. Also this evening, there will be a reception for the delegation at the palace of His Majesty King Yurisk, and we hope you will join us..."

After accepting Alexam's offer, Murata whispered to Wajima and Lieutenant Leontchev, who were standing behind him. A few minutes later, the three men, who seemed to have reached an agreement, turned to Alexam again.

"Yes, we would very much like to join you. For the sake of our friendship with your country."

"That's good to hear! Then let me take you to the inn right away."

At Murata's answer, Alexam again showed his relief. Thereafter, a total of 32 members of the resource survey team and their escorts were taken to the most luxurious inn in Sactoa, which had been prepared by the Lebameno Federal government.

Snow City Inn 3F

Murata and Gen Kawamoto, who also belongs to the resource survey team, were led to their room by an employee of the inn. After placing their luggage on the floor, they sat down on the sofa to relieve the fatigue of the long trip.