The Three's Scheme

March 13

Prime Minister's Office, Chiyoda Ward, Tokyo, Japan

While Kojiro Izumikawa, Prime Minister of Japan, sat at his desk, four people were waiting on the reception couch: Tatsuo Miyajima, Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry; Kosuke Minegishi, Minister of Foreign Affairs; Yosuke Yasunaka, Minister of Defense; and Shigeru Sasaba, Minister of State for National Strategy Special Zones, Mugen Islands, and Overseas Deployment, the newly established Minister of Special Affairs by the transference.

"They have completed securing McTayle and Urestio Mine."

Defense Minister Yasunaka, who had received the call from the Zion Base, put down the receiver and reported its contents.

"This... has brought a ray of hope to our country's heavy industry."

Minister Miyajima smiled when he heard the victory report.

"However, there are still many resources that are in short supply. How can we obtain them...?"

Sasaba, who is in charge of National Strategy Special Zone and Minister of Special Affairs for the Mugen Islands and Overseas Development, rubbed his chin with his right hand and looked at the concern over resource supply that still cannot be dispelled.

"The local SDF resource survey team has reported the possibility of large deposits of bauxite and sylvite ore in the Seiren Kingom, which are not expected to be produced domestically and have not been confirmed in the Mugen Islands."

Once again, the narrator shifts to Defense Minister Yasunaka. A resource survey team had been dispatched to the Zion Base in the Seiren Kingdom to investigate the distribution of resources on the Seiren Island.

"In the postwar talks with Seiren, we will ask the Seiren Kingdom to approve the right to mine new resources throughout the country in exchange for the cancellation of the obligation to pay the war costs."

Foreign Minister Minegishi describes the future diplomatic policy toward the Seiren Kingdom.

"What shall we do about the Altian Empire?"

PM Izumikawa, who had been silent until now, opened his mouth.

"First of all, it is essential to seize the Yawa Peninsula in order to secure the Urestio Mine, coal mines, and to establish the United States. As for the other resources within the territory of the Empire, what do you think of our policy to allow them the right to mine the resources except for those already developed?"

"...That's fine. What we are protecting is the peace and prosperity of Japan."

Izumikawa accepts Minegishi's proposal and announces his final decision on foreign policy. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs then begins work on drafting provisions to be concluded with the Seiren Kingdom and an armistice agreement against the Altian Empire.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Imperial Palace State Council Chamber, York-Arden, Shorteria-San Empire

York-Arden, the capital of the Shorteria-San Empire, which rules the western side of the continent, is a highly artistic city with marble buildings, and people call it the 'White City'. Even in the White City, news reports from the World Magic Telecommunications Company were running around, and the 600.000 citizens living in the capital city were in an uproar when they learned of the sudden appearance of a military power. In the palace where the emperor resides, an emergency meeting is held with the leaders of the country.

"The long-time nemesis, the Altian Empire, is now on its death throes! There is no better time to attack!"

Octavius Cronus, the Military Chief in charge of military affairs, appeals to Emperor Celtius Missal Antonis to go to Altia. Although there is currently a ceasefire between the two countries, they were once rivals who fought each other many times for the unification of the Wirenia Continent.