Invasion of the Mainland

March 1

Senate, Custefai, Altian Empire

Despite General Tema's best intentions, the fact that the Battle of Iloa Sea ended in a crushing defeat was concealed by the Minister of Military Affairs, Sitos. He is now standing on the witness stand of the Senate, presenting a false report to Emperor Uvarito IV, who sits on the throne.

"The Japanese army was destroyed in front of the large fleet of our Altian Empire, and the invasion force won a great victory!"

"Hm, I guess they're just an uncivilized country after all."

Emperor Uvarito IV, who heard Sitos' report, replied in a matter-of-fact but satisfied manner. The royal and noble senators seated around him also looked pleased.

"Then send the invasion force to the Japanese mainland immediately, and tell the fleet to torment and kill the Japanese people thoroughly so that they will not be able to commit the crime of smearing the face of the Empire twice again."

"Yes, as you wish!"

After receiving the emperor's order, Sitos got off the witness stand and returned to his seat in the Senate. There was a look of suspicion in someone's eyes as he was being watched.

'The Japanese army lost...? I wonder if it's true.'

That gaze was that of the third princess, Savia Iliam. She had been told about the power of the Japanese army by Colonel Gorta Carthyridge, one of the few survivors who had returned from a previous expedition to the Rovania Kingdom, and had doubted the reports of Sitos that the Japanese had lost. However, it was also true that the fleet dispatched was an unprecedentedly large one, and she herself could not believe that they would be defeated on common sense. However, her lover, Gorta, had assured her that the empire would not win.

'...Let's do a little probing.'

Soon after, the Senate adjourned, and the senators left one by one. Savia quickly followed the back of Sitos' figure as he walked out of the Grand Hall with them.

After finishing his report to the emperor and the senators, Sitos walked down the corridor with his head down. Savia, who was leaning against the wall, waiting for him to come, spoke to him with a mysterious smile.

"Good day, Lord Sitos."

"P-Princess Savia...!"

Perhaps surprised by the fact that a member of the imperial family was speaking to him, Sitos' voice trembled. When he showed some suspicious behavior, Savia shocked him even more.

"The Imperial army's victory is a lie, isn't it?"

"!? Ha... haha! What are you talking about!?"

In the moment that the truth was exposed, Sitos made a frightened expression. He tried desperately to make up for it, but he could not hide his agitation.

"Your Highness, you really like to joke!" Sitos said, and walked away laughing.

Savia looked at him with a cold gaze.

'That wavering behavior... there's no doubt about it, he's lying. The only people who know the true power of the Japanese are me and Sitos in the center of the Empire... I wouldn't have known if Gorta hadn't told me.'

Seeing the suspicious look on Sitos' face, Savia intuited that he was lying. This means that the Altian Empire's fleet has been defeated.

'I knew it... I have to contact them!'

In her right hand, she held a piece of paper given to her by Gorta. It listed the hiding places of the former soldiers who had escaped with him from the Battle off Rovania. Regardless of whether they were officers or soldiers, they had been expelled from the military as a disgrace for being defeated by the barbarians, and they had unwittingly taken their own actions to stop their homeland from heading down the path of destruction.