Downfall 2

Senate Grand Hall, Downtown, Custefai

At the time, senators in the Imperial Senate were in dispute over the course of the war. A heated debate is raging between factions advocating peace and those calling for war.

"We need peace as soon as possible!"

"No, we're going to fight to the bitter end!"

"Even though we have very little strength left!?"

"Surrender would be to our country's face!"

"What good is face when your country is on the brink of extinction!?"

The captured McTayle, one of the major cities of the Altian Empire, caused severe unrest among the government leaders. Faced with the imminent threat of the enemy, a majority of senators advocated peace.

"The dragon riders of the Capital Guard have been annihilated! The factory area was destroyed! How in the world do you intend to continue the war under these circumstances!?"

"......"

One of the pro-peace senators pursues the emperor with the facts. Uvarito IV remained silent. It would have been obvious to any sane person that he did not have the strength to continue the war with Japan.

"We can fight if we gather the security forces scattered throughout the territories!"

"You won't be able to govern the territories then!"

"What is more important, the capital or the territories!?"

"We don't have time for this! We should make peace!"

"How can we surrender to a remote nation in the Far East!?"

"This is no time to worry about face, goddammit!"

The meeting spiraled with an uncertain future. At that moment, a member of the Administrative Bureau entered the Grand Hall with a pale look on his face. He kneeled there and reported to the senators and the emperor.

"A supposed enemy army has landed from the coast of the capital! The Capital Guard's Ground and Maritime Units guarding the port, as well as the Border Guard, have already been wiped out! Then they started marching towards this central district!"

"W-what did you say!?"

"T-this is too soon!"

Nine days after the capture of McTayle, the mysterious enemy nation "Japan" finally invaded the capital. The emperor and his senators could not hide their frustration upon hearing the report. In the 100 years since the Altian Empire became one of the powers of the world, no enemy had ever invaded Custefai.

"The Imperial Guard is authorized to go out! Drive them back to the sea!"

"Yes! At once!"

After hearing the emperor's orders, the administrative official left the scene. Faced with the sudden and impending war, the council members all had expressions of fear on their faces. However, there was one person among them who had a distinctly different expression on her face.

'They're here...!'

Third Princess Savia was quietly listening to the long-awaited news of the Japanese invasion of the capital from her seat in the council.

"Your Majesty! I need to speak to you!"

Immediately thereafter, she raised her voice and suddenly stood up from her seat. Everyone present waved their gazes in her direction. Savia walked out of her seat, glances at the emperor sitting on his throne, and stepped to the witness stand in the middle of the Grand Hall.