Battle of Glenkia Peninsula 2

December 6, Evening

Elie-Darren, capital of the Elmstacia Empire

In the evening of this day, an executive official entered the office of the emperor in the palace where the two monarchs who rule this country reside.

"I brought a report. The Crossnellyard fleet has appeared off the coast of Lucinia, and a naval battle is expected to begin shortly."

Prime Minister Serretta Optic spoke up about the report from the Elmstacian forces stationed in Lucinia. The invasion of the Lucinia Base by the Crossnellyard fleet is naturally known to the government of this country. Through their embassy, a certain demand was made to the Elmstacian government. The following is a brief description of the contents of the demand.

"Our objective is to destroy the Japanese military base in your country. Therefore, the Elmstacian military must not interfere."

This is a unilateral demand. In short, they threatened that they would not know what would happen to the city of Lucinia if they were to side with the Japanese. Furthermore, the Elmstacia Empire had concluded a mutual defense agreement with Japan when the base was established, so agreeing to this demand would be a clear violation of the agreement. In other words, they were forced to choose between cutting ties with Japan or abiding by the alliance with Japan.

However, the Elmstacia Empire was quick to respond. Having clearly expressed their refusal, they had firm confidence. It was a confidence that the Japanese could not be defeated. It was because the Elmstacia Empire knew exactly how strong the Leviathan was, which had been defeated by the Japanese, that they had full confidence in the strength of the Japanese military.

"At the request of the Japanese Navy at the base, we have instructed the local forces to fortify the coast. Well... it is hard to imagine that the Japanese forces will lose in the first place, and even if they do lose one battle in ten thousand, it is hard to believe that the Crossnellyard fleet will have enough strength left to occupy Lucinia after the battle with the Japanese."

Serretta informed that the Elmstacian army is also preparing for battle in case of any contingency.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the same time

Glenkia Peninsula, 20 km off the coast of Lucinia

The Lucinia Military Base in the Elmstacia Empire, commonly known as the Lucinia Base or Base Six, is manned by nearly 900 Self-Defense Force personnel and 500 Japanese civilians. The base facilities include not only a coastal port facility, but also a runway inland away from the city center that is designed for passenger aircraft takeoffs and landings, and vast farms on either side of the runway to support the base's food supply. To make up for the shortage of labor, local residents are also employed, which, combined with the good employment conditions, makes it a popular place to work. The residents of Elmstacia, with their beastly ears, tails, and other features, can be seen here, as well as the SDF personnel working on the same premises.

And to protect this base, four destroyers floated above the sea. To intercept the oncoming enemy, the four ships of the 13th Escort Squadron, Shimakaze, Sawagiri, Jintsū, and Kaede, had undergone a careful inspection the day before. Behind the four ships, lined up in a straight line at a moderate distance from each other, are oil rigs used to extract oil from offshore oil fields and oil refining facilities used to refine diesel fuel for the ships and gasoline for use at the base. If these facilities are destroyed, the base will lose one of its raison d'être, its supply capability. This base, which could be a key point for future landing operations on the Crossnellyard mainland, must be protected at all costs.