VS Leviathan! (2)

Oga CIC

The distance between the Leviathan and the Oga was just 12 km, and the monster that suddenly attacked the SH-60K Seahawk was captured from the Oga's bridge. To save the Seahawk, which was about to be shot down after being exposed to a third attack, Commander Kato devised a plan.

"Get me Hatayama! Attack the Leviathan with the onboard Hellfire and assist Lieutenant Hiramoto's Seahawk...!"

Kato ordered the other Seahawk, which was flying at sea, to attack the Leviathan, which continues to fly up from the sea, using the Hellfire mounted on the pylons, just in case. Immediately after Kato's order was relayed by the operator, a reply arrived from the SH-60K piloted by Lieutenant Satoru Hatayama to the CIC.

"Roger! We will immediately proceed to the target area!"

Upon receiving the order, Hatayama tilted the controls and headed for the relief of Hiramoto's SH-60K Seahawk.

Hiramoto's SH-60K Seahawk, over the sea

The Leviathan performed three consecutive big jumps. Hiramoto and the others braced themselves for a fourth attack, but the Leviathan did not emerge from the sea surface for a long time, probably because it had expended its strength after so many leaps.

'Alright... while we still can!'

After repeated underwater attacks by the Leviathan, Hiramoto takes control of the Seahawk, which had lost control of its position. At this time, the Seahawk had lost altitude and was floating about 50 meters above the sea surface.

'It can hear the helicopter even from underwater...?'

The co-pilot, Lieutenant Junior Grade Hozumi Mononobe, was contemplating why Leviathan had attacked them.

"Monster approaching from directly below!"

Petty Officer Second Class Sasaki was watching the undersea view projected by the active sonobuoy that was dropped at the same time as the first attack by Leviathan. He then senses the signs of an undersea attack.

BLAM!

Immediately after, the sound of a huge splash was heard again on the sea surface, and the huge sea monster appeared.

"Shit! Here it comes again!"

The Leviathan's relentless attack made co-pilot Mononobe looked bitter.

"Turn right!"

Hiramoto desperately tilted the helicopter's controls to avoid being struck by the fangs of the Leviathan, which is approaching from directly below.

Hatayama's SH-60K Seahawk

"In this position... no problem."

The two Seahawks were positioned just on opposite sides of the monster, which would allow the Seahawks to observe the position of the Leviathan and Hiramoto's unit. The Seahawk piloted by Hiramoto will not be caught in the blast of the missile attack.

"Firing Hellfire!"

At Hatayama's order, a Hellfire missile was launched from the starboard pylon of the Seahawk. The Hellfire, flying with white smoke trailing in its wake, headed in a straight line toward its target.

BOOOOOOOOM!

The sound of explosion echoed around the area. The Hellfire hit the Leviathan's huge body with a brilliant hit.

"!"

"Hit!"

Hatayama shouted. Hiramoto's unit, which had been chased by the Leviathan, saw the flames of the explosion bursting on the other side of the monster, and knew that the covering attack from their allies and succeeded. The Leviathan, hit by the missile attack, is pushed by the impact of the explosion and falls into the sea, still looking up to the sky.