"Savior"

*UNEDITED*

(Skye POV)

After a few minutes of listening to the soft hum of an engine, I realize I'm driving somewhere, seated next to a desperate looking Ward.

"Where are we going?" I muttered.

"Jesus!" Ward slammed the brakes.

"What?"

"I thought..", he exhaled.

"I was dead, you'd need a new rookie," I teased, completing his sentence for him.

"Skye it's been 3 hours."

He was right. It was dark out now, about 8:00 or so, I guessed.

"Just don't kill me in a frickin car crash," I moaned, shifting my weight to the other end of the car seat.

"We're going to a hospital." He ignored my comment.

He was so serious sometimes. I mean, a hospital, really? I wasn't even bleed....my sentence stopped short, my eyes told me another story. I hadn't even felt anything! How?!
There was a gauze like material wrapped around my arm, yet it was already soaked a thick dark red. I must have looked up with worried eyes.

"It stopped bleeding about an hour before you woke." He explained.

"Ward, really, I don't need to go to a hospital." I groaned, even turning to my side caused great pain. No more shifting my weight.

"I think you do." He countered to my sob when he poked my arm.
It was a gentle touch, yet it wasn't.

Oh God, I hated hospitals, doctors.... the list goes on, yet he persisted in me going.

"Ward, honestly I just want to lay somewhere and rest."

He rose an eyebrow.

"Other than a hospital." I quickly added before he could counter me.

He sighed and sat for a while in silence, driving again. Palm trees looked shadier in the dark, leaves reaching out that could just grab you. Thunder rumbled overhead. Darkness cause by a thick layering of gray clouds. Rain.
Now, if Ward really cared for me he'd get me a room at the hotel he passed. So we could avoid....the rain. (And the doctors.)

"You're paying." He sighed out, annoyed, making a sharp U-turn.

Yes! He gave in, I knew I was adorable. It was only minutes later, pitying glances coming from hotel clerks. Ist rolled through the lobby keeping my head down, as Ward's shoulder pressed against mine. It was still dark in the lobby, the green painted walls looked even dreary. Though, it could've been caused by my vision, which was twisting things around, as if I was drunk.

I couldn't make myself meet eye contact with the employees, eye contact meant questions.

Then...finally the pure comfort of a hotel bed.
Three rooms, opened into a living space, then was blocked off into one bedroom and a bathroom. I could never pay for this. Hopefully, he'd been f**cking joking.
Ward set down our bags, which he insisted upon carrying, and left the bedroom.
Slowly, I stood changing into an oversized shirt I found mixed through all our bags.
This shirt wasn't mine.
This was Ward's, and I could tell by the way it smelled. Pine trees, not the tropical sent he'd accidentally used.
Someday Skye...
I could go into detail how much I loved being wrapped up in a shirt that smelled like him, but that'd be creepy.
It would be.

"I'm going to get something to eat!" Ward yelled out to me.

But I wasn't listening, the TV blared on about everything about the criminal's lives, their records. I wanted to throw up. Those poor families.... The door slammed and I woke from my trance. I was left alone, to recollect on why Shield was probably not the best career choice, but the only way to find my parents...

I wanted to cry, to sob. But Ward was here before. Now I could do just that, feeling the pain of my bleeding arm, the torcher of the whip, the pain in his voice, the way he looked at me.

F**k, I didn't want him to see me this way. He would grow worried, concerned, he also probably wouldn't know what to do. I couldn't care.
So now, after all these years of cooping up my emotions, the barrier broke, and the flood began.

Read
Comment
Vote
~Izzy