"First Date"

Ward kept nervously drumming his fingers on the steering wheel, always at a red light. It was dark out, which made the silence in the car seem more suspicious.

"Okay, what the hell are you so worried about, you're driving me insane."

I picked up his tick, like how I bet my lip when I was nervous sometimes. Okay, no he never really did that, but he was doing it now...and he seemed more tense.

"I have a feeling this is not about going on a date with me."

"The head of Hydra will be there, Skye, and if he recognizes us, it's all over. I can't risk you getting shot again."

"It'll be fine, he's never seen any of us before."

Why did he tense up so much when I said that? Coulson had made sure neither of us had been seen by him, or whatever the heck he made sure of. Though Ward had tensed so much, it was like this was his last day alive, and he knew it.

"Skye, just listen to what I say in there."

"So much for first date," I mumbled.

"It's not like that, I just want you to be safe."

"I'm not four, Ward! I can take care of myself without you giving me instructions!"

"I'm only trying to protect you...I'll leave you alone, if you just take this."
He pulled a gun from his back pocket and handed it to me. I slipped it inside my hand bag. I didn't really have a back pocket to put it in.

"Icer, right?"

"Of course."

The silence was deafening the whole way to the restaurant.
From the outside of the building it was loud. It was well lit, and people were just laughing and yelling. From the inside....it was way more elegant for my taste. And, I may have exaggerated, some rich people were just loud talkers.

"Johnsons...reservation...", the host began walking.

We were lead to a table in the back of the room.

"You know, I hate places like this," I informed Ward.

"It won't be that bad, just try to have some manners."

"I'll try, but let me tell you I'm so tempting to chuck a this bread basket at the chatty table behind us."

Ward pulled the bread basket towards him. I pulled it back to the middle of the table.
The door burst open and there was more greetings.

"It's like everyone here knows everybody," I whispered to Ward.

"That's not good..."

"I know, wait is that?"

"Yep, that's the head of Hydra right there, well one of the heads."

"And how any heads are here?"

"That's what we need to know."

We ordered a small entrée and sat there, listening to this "head of Hydra" talk to every woman in the place.

"This date doesn't really feel like a date," I muttered.

Ward reached across the table, grabbing my hand, they were rough but comforting.
We began leaning in for a kiss, when the loud crashing noise of glass echoed behind us, followed by several screams.

"Are you kidding me," I sighed as Ward and I stood.

Behind us was a bar, and there was Hydra holding the knife to a bar tender. One woman was on the floor severely injured, and a man was laying there...dead.