"It's Too Late"

*UNEDITED*

Arriving at the city, Bobbi ran out of the car.

She barely knows me and she trusts me....AC!

"They must be already down there! I can't get signal from Hunter or Ward!" Bobbi called out to her.

F*ck!

"Alright," Skye got out of the car," I have to go down there."

"No, you stay up here, of the baby dies....trust me it won't feel good."

How would she know? I can get down there, the baby will be fine.

"No, I'm going, the father of my baby is down there and about to die."

"And how can you be so sure?"

"Because I dreamt about it."

And with that, she grabbed a gun and ran down to the city before Bobbi could do anything.

"Skye!" She yelled, following her down flights of stairs. Gunshot sounded and Skye rounded a corner, down a hall, and came face-to-face with a Hydra agent. Before she could do anything, Bobbi came up for, behind and shot him. Skye went off again.

"Shit," Bobbi muttered as she went after her again.

Skye ran as fast as her body would let her, eventually making it to a tunnel, well more of a hole, that led to the center of the city, she had to lower herself down.

Where the Hell did she go? Bobbi panicked as she took down another group of Hydra Agents. She rounded a corner, at least where she thought Skye had gone, and ran into Agent Coulson.

"Bobbi what are you doing down here?" Coulson yelled over all the gunfire.

"Skye ran down here! She yelled in distress.

"What? Where?"

"Down to Ward!"

"Dammit!" He yelled, shooting one guy multiple times in the chest.

Skye was down there, after minutes of struggling. The tunnel was dark, and suddenly she was glad she remembered to pick up her phone from the floor. She clicked on the light, and just as it flooded giving light to several long passageways., there was a silhouette. Someone with the Obelisk...

"Raina? What the hell are you doing here?" Skye demanded.

She can hold the Obelisk!

Without a word, Raina came over to her, slowly, raising the Obelisk.

"What are you doing?" Skye panicked inching against a wall.
Of course she knew what she was doing, she's going to turn me to stone!

"If I'm right, you can touch it."

"Why should I be able to touch? Who gave you this crazy ass antic?" Skye hissed.

"Your father," she shrugged like it was nothing.

Skye's breath caught in her throat. She felt like she would hyperventilate again.
Why is this happening so fast? Where's Ward? What...
She froze as the Obelisk touched her arm, but instead of stone surrounding her, it glowed.

"I'm some alien freak, aren't I," she whispered, horrified.

"Oh we're not freaks..."

"Where's Ward?"

"You mean the guy I just tuned to stone?"

She punched her in the face, "I'm not taking this shit, where is he?"

"I can't take you to him, I can take you to our destiny."

What the Hell is going on?
She realized she was gesturing towards a room in the center, several paths surrounding it.
If she called Ward from there, he'd be able to hear her.

"Fine, let's see our destiny them," Skye mockingly tilted her head.
Just as they traveled their way to the center, Raina walked in.
I don't give a crap about her, she can go fine her fate.

"Ward! Ward!" Skye screamed, knowing he'd come to her.
She turned to face Raina, just in time to see the Obelisk stand on the pedestal. She entered the room, unknowing what would happen.

"What's happening?" Skye demanded.

"Transformation," Raina grinned.

"What..."
She was interrupted as the walls started closing in around her, she stood there, helpless.
Please Ward, don't come, don't come! Skye had dug herself in a hole, the dream was replaying itself. Raina was the other person wasn't she.

"Skye! Is that you?" She heard Ward yell.

No, no, no!
"Ward?" Skye squeaked.

"Skye I'm coming!" She could hear him running towards her.

"No! Don't!" She protested, just as he slipped into the room. Now she was hyperventilating.

"Skye? What are you doing!? You or the baby could be killed!" He ran over to her.

"Baby?" Raina chuckled.

"That asshole," Ward groaned.

"You can't be in here, you're going to die," she started sobbing.
Ward came up and hugged her, she started crying into him.

"I'm not going to die."

"I saw it in my dream! This entire damn scenario! And you don't make it out!" She screamed, tears flowing down her face.
"You don't understand the hurt in watching you die in a nightmare, but now I know it happens!" She shouted again.

"Baby, shh, I won't let that happen."

She stopped making animal noises long enough to look at him, "no matter what happens to me, just stay behind me."

He nodded, moving behind her.
Just as that happened, the Obelisk ejected this fog, and then it was silent. Skye looked around before she felt it, she felt the rock. It started at her feet, then up to her legs. The baby started kicking like crazy but she couldn't move her hands. It covered her stomach, and then her face as she watched the world slowly go dark.

"Skye?! No! No!" Ward panicked as he watched her. She and the baby..... He and to destroy the damn obelisk before it killed anymore of his family. Out of anger, he took a swing, letting the pieces fly everywhere.
He had nothing to live for. Just let me die.
And that's when he felt the same sensation Skye had, and the rock consumed him.

Rock pieces were falling to the ground, as Skye and Raina were breaking free. The temple shook around them, beginning to collapse. She broke free, pieces flying everywhere. It felt like emerging from underwater, it felt weird...she felt different. Panic soon arose in her as she realized she couldn't feel the baby kick, but it wasn't dead. It couldn't be.
Where is Ward? Did he listen, did he....?
She opened her eyes and gasped, Ward was sitting there, covered in stone.

"WARD!" She yelled.

The temple gave another good shake, and she watched as her boyfriend, and the father of her baby, crumbled to pieces.

"Ward! No! No! Ward!" She was screaming at the top of her lungs, sobbing. Someone grabbed her hand, and she held her other hand out in defense just as the world went dark again, and she saw pieces of stone belonging to her boyfriend scattered around her feet.

Sorry this was a shorter chapter! I had the other part (part two) planned for next chapter!
Thanks for reading!
And, do you believe Ward really died? Is the baby still alive?
Vote
Read
Comment
~Izzy