"Angels and Demons"

It was silent in the hospital lobby.
Coulson, May, Tony, and Pepper sat there, waiting for Simmons and Bobbi to come down with Skye. They knew the baby died. They knew the answer when Ward stormed through the lobby and burst through the front doors.
They didn't even stop Ward when he ran through the lobby filled with adrenaline.
They just let him drive off to God knows where.
His girlfriend was in pain, that was the one thing he didn't stick around to watch.
Usually it was Ward, him in the room calming her when others couldn't even get her to speak. He was the one that Skye followed everywhere, through everything, even after Jessica was lost she never strayed far.
She was basically spinning in circles lost without him.

"You think the baby died?" Pepper whispered to her fiancé.

Everything just fell so fast, who was bad luck, him and Pepper or Skye and Ward?
He took Pepper's hands on his, taking a sigh. His sad eyes basically gave Pepper the answer she needed.
Pepper took her head to his shoulder, and clenched her eyes shut.
You might've even thought Pepper was the one most affected by this nightmare.
Coulson had his hands in fists at his sides, clenching so hard his knuckles were white.

"Phil, once again I'll say the same thing, there was absolutely nothing anyone could do....it just happened," May placed a hand gently on his shoulder.

"I don't know if the temple had anything to do with it, the first baby dying because Simmons said it was doing well, but Melinda it'll be impossible to have any kids now!"

"What do you mean?" Pepper asked with concern.
They were the only voices filling the waiting room at the hospital, late at night. It seemed like waiting for hours before Skye stumbled back to them, Simmons and Bobbi glued to her side like lifelines.
Her head was lowered, she didn't look up at any of them, she kept busy by looking at the stain on her shoe; wondering where the hell it came from.
Shame, ashamed, the only things she could think.
The only thing others could see from that was pain, and the unfairness, the fact she didn't deserve this.

"The doctors said...." Skye began, causing every head to look in her direction,"the doctor said that miscarriages will be more common."

"Less likely to be successful if she wants to try and have children," Bobbi concluded, glancing at her friend with pity.

"So, what does that mean she can't have children?" Tony asked in confusion.

"No she can-" Simmons began.

"I'm just done trying," she growled, fighting back the tears.

"Skye-"

"No, May. Nothing you say is changing my mind. I'm a Shield agent, I shouldn't have children anyway, it's dangerous, and clearly that's been demonstrated enough!" She yelled.

It surprised Melinda, her yelling.
All she saw through Skye was determination, she was stubborn....but this time she just broke in half so easily, someone just snapped her.

Skye was even surprised by her own outburst. She meant it but....
The courage to look up soon came to her, and through tear-filled eyes she saw the stunned pitiful faces of her friends.

"Where's Grant?" She sniffled.

Coulson gave May a look, in fact all four gave each other the same look, they were nervous.

"Where did he go?" Bobbi commanded, squeezing Skye's hand.

---------------------------

"Why are you here.....Castiel?"

Ward was still parked in the middle of the road, clutching his gun.

"What do you mean....oh, well this is awkward, seems like I have the wrong place."