"Hydra"

A/N:
(So, I lied, continuing! Got two comments about it... but I also had a lot of fun writing this! I know, this will probably be a terrible chapter, but it's still a work in progress from here. I'm still trying to get in the swing of writing this while juggling my many other works. So, hope you guys have enjoyed the story, and I promise to try hard and get more exciting chapters out! So thanks a whole lot for the votes, comments and reads! Remember, I'll also take ideas on what should happen next, though this should get in the rhythm on its own soon.)

(Skye POV)

I stood there, watching him walk up the metal stairs, holding in his hands the one bag he brought. I thought for once he had liked me... someone liked me... turns out I was wrong. Over and over again, Skye heat making the same mistake.
But then again, I was confused. He kissed me, and other things, he showed affection. It couldn't have been just an act. Dammit, men were confusing! And they say women are confusing? Well, at least I had the courage to show what I wanted!
Him!
Him and his abs, may I mention.

I never wrapped my finger around how men acted, at least with Miles....shut up about Myles, Skye! For everyone's sake, I'd shut up about Miles.
I gathered my two bags from the trunk, slamming it closed. I headed up after Ward, not meaning to talk to him, but to go follow him and talk to Coulson; alongside him.
Because at the moment, my status told I hated him.
He just...threw me to the side.
9 years old, and that moment from then, played....a broken record in my head.
----------------------
I stood, stiff by his side, itching to slap him. He kissed me for God's sake!
He's an unhealthy obsession Skye, leave it alone!

He's not Thor, self.

"Great job Agent Ward, Skye. We've been tracking them for a while," Coulson said, using his serious tone I hated. He slammed down the file Ward had handed him.
You mean the government has been tracking them down for a while.
Oh, and by the way sir, they suck.

Ward began to walk out.

"So, I guess the closing of the file means we're dismissed...," I slowly backed off towards Ward.
I could only see his figure, anything else around me blurred out as I fell under his grasp once again.

"So, I see we work well together," I teased him, trying to get something out of him. Anything.

"Yeah, guess we do," he replied stiffly.

Well, sure be sincere Ward, go right ahead...I'll be waiting.

Walking in silence was a pain; was he seriously going to pretend the kiss never happened? Stupid mistake, guess he forgot I don't let go of things that easy.

"So, you're going to pretend it never happened?"

And....I snapped.

"And by it..."

"Shut up Ward! I know, this is like some romance movie, but you can't just let me kiss you three times, talk about it, and ignore it... because of what? Protocol?" I snapped.
Hurt was flashing in both out eyes, and suddenly we both felt like the trash thrown to the side.

"It's not about that...I mean yes, it's also about that...but it's something else."

"What is that something else?", I stopped in my tracks, stepping in front of him, crossing my arms, staring deep into his eyes.
If there was something he couldn't resist, was when I did this, and he just...kneeled.

"I've never gotten attached, and I never will, Shield agents, die," he replied, harshly, probably, mostly, on the verge of being upset.

"Oh...," I stuttered.
So...does that mean he cares...?

"And if I lost you...I couldn't live with myself, being your S.O and all, I'm supposed to protect you. And I can't, Skye I just can't......"

"So you're admitting you care...?"

"I've always cared, rookie, I mean I care about everyone here."

Oh, well thanks!

"No," I shook my head,"do you care about me!" I stressed.

"Skye, really I'd want to have...I mean...I..."

He was tripping over his words, trying to cover up his mistake, but it became a fatal try. He just said he'd always wanted a relationship....almost said. Almost admitted my point.

Ward: 0
Skye: 1

"Ward, shut up. You are literally the worst at covering things up, and your supposed to be some Specialist," I teased.

Was it me that tripped him up? Did he really want this to be a thing as bad as I always had?

He stepped in closer, he was going to kiss me. I was prepared to kiss him back, when I heard a door swing open. I quickly bent down to pick up my bag, or at least pretend to. My entire face turning apple red. If we were to have a relationship, we'd do a horrendous job of hiding it. My God, we almost broke every protocol over a rookie and his S.O!

"Ward, my office," Coulson began to turn back, "Skye, you enjoying what you stole from the park?" Coulson teased sarcastically.
At least he was smiling about it.

Oh crap. I smiled, looking up from my bag.

"Yeah, probably the best shades I've gotten," I laughed.

He chuckled, walking off to his office, while shaking his head in the manner between disappointed and you're the one kid I can't handle.

Ward shared me a look of something between desire, annoyance, and shock.

"Stole something? Skye I was by your side the whole time how in hell did you manage to steal something?"

"Relax, it was like those side cart vendor things, I took a pair of shades and a souvenir as the parade was passing by."

"Relax?", he sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

I wanted to laugh at this but, I'm pretty sure he thought this was not funny at all.
At all.

"If he saw us almost kiss, you'll be getting the dad talk," I laughed.
Oh please, Coulson.
It was no secret he protected me exactly like I was his daughter, which no I didn't mind.
So, therefore, let Ward get try dad talk!

"Oh, you better hope he didn't see us," Ward warned, more like teased, as he walked over to Coulson's office.

I went to my room smiling from ear-to-ear, then headed down to FitzSimmons' lab to talk with them.

(Ward POV)

"Ward, I need to talk to you about something," Coulson said, serious as ever.

What the hell did I do now?

"What is it, sir?", I looked him straight in the eye, praying it wasn't something about me and Skye.

"We have a mole, least to say, Shield's been compromised."

Crap. How long did I keep this secret? Longer than I thought.
My entire body was going numb.
He didn't know.
I'd let off no leads, no traced calls...

"Compromised by who?"

"Hydra."

Dammit!

The words hung in the air, I think I knew the mole.

PLEASE:
Read
Comment
Vote!
~Izzy