Little Things (day7)

I had awoken in terror that day because my brother thought it would be funny to wake me up this way, I cried and I don't believe he saw as my siblings rarely did.

This was a weird day, I basically got bullied by a bunch of pathetic adults.

As I walked to class they would push, trip, kick, and even on one occasion cut me. I am not surprised I got cut I imagine this man cuts a lot of people due to his hook hands, maybe not on purpose but now's the question, would they notice?

At lunch I sort of begged in my head that they would bump my arm so I could wince in pain so they'd notice the cut and adventally ask who's doing it.

Everytime I saw Olaf's men I got nervous as what they were doing was escalating, getting more harsh, getting blood.

Would these full grown adults torture a child? Just for money? I don't want the money but I need our safety, this man had tried to kill our parents and the Baudelaires guardians, there's no way to tell if we would be safe after we lost leverage.

To my dread; When I left lunch outside the door was the monster himself holding a letter opener, I tried to walk away from him but he was a lot taller and faster than me so he caught up and when he turned the corner I heard that squeak and the feeling of burning on my shoulder. I was just cut by an adult out in the open and nothing was going to happen.

"Be careful" he said

I couldn't help it, I cried, I was so overwhelmed and couldn't stand feeling helpless anymore even though I was the one choosing to stay silent.

Not all the correct choices in life are the easy ones,  most things are not easy, so this would be my life now, being cut up bit by bit by failed actors.

Salty tears ran down my face silently as I walked to the broom closet, little strands of wet hair clinged to my face feeling some what sticky in a way. I was drowning in my thoughts until I heard the clicking of heels on the floor; there's  only one teacher that was cheery enough to wear heals, Olivia caliban the only good teacher at all in prufrock prep.

Every good teacher cares about their students and their safety whether they can do anything to help directly. Olivia caliban was the perfect fit for a teacher, she's always had empathy for those that seemed to be as dark as obsidian.

My eyes were locked to the ground but I could hear her heels clicking closer and closer, getting louder and louder, would she notice?

Did I want her to notice?