go! (day 95)

I wouldn't recommend sleeping on concrete when you're trying to let your injured back heal, it caused me to wake up in near tears because of the aching. Every breath made me tense up and wonder if it was even worth it anymore.

As the day went on, the pain subsided. God must have decided to give me a break. It's not like it didn't still hurt, there were still countless lacerations on my back, some that never went away. Looking in the mirror everyday, seeing all the marks those monsters left on me, irreversible. It's unimaginably horrible.

Klaus was back to himself, fairly good shape compared to the days before.

"How you doing?" I asked.

"So much better." He said standing up.

I couldn't see him very well, or at all really. The door to the pit was still closed.

"How about you?" He asked.

"I'm okay, it wasn't anything serious. It doesn't hurt anymore." I lied.

"That's good, we don't need you getting hurt before we go." He said.

My heart started to pump a little faster, maybe lying about my injuries wasn't such a good idea.

"Yeah..." I said, regretting my choices.

"If they don't let us out soon, I think we should try to get out ourselves, if we leave too early they'll come after us before we can escape." I said.

Klaus went quiet.

"That makes sense, our best bet is to pray that they let us out and that violet and your siblings are ready." He said.

"Oh God, they better not wait for us to get everything ready." I said pulling my knees up to my chest.

That little movement sent waves of pain but it was a sacrifice I made.

"I don't think violet would wait, she definitely wouldn't leave without us but she's make sure she got things ready." He said.

I sat for a moment, I didn't really know what my siblings would do.

"I guess my siblings would get ready, I mean logically that's the best decision so I assume that's what they'd do. Sometimes I just don't know with them." I explained.

"I haven't really spent much time with your siblings in a while, besides lunch I only see them when you do." He said.

"Call me crazy but I think duncan might not like me very much." Klaus said sarcastically.

"Yeah... That really bothers me, there's nothing I can do to make him understand. He needs to just stop whatever he's doing in that little mind of his." I said frustrated.

"Somehow my siblings always find a way to misunderstand everything that happens." I said.

"At least violet understands." I said.

"Yeah, I did get lucky with her, I don't know what id do without her." Klaus said.

"I feel like she's done more for me than my own family." I said.

Yeah..." Klaus agreed.

"Well if we're counting it all up, you win by far. I know it's not the point but thank you so much for being here. I'm sorry I dragged you into this mess." I said.

"Rose, you didn't drag me into anything. Stop taking responsibility for their actions. This is not your fault." He said.

I sat in the dark, I knew he was right, but I felt so wrong on the inside. How do you get rid of unwarented guilt? Can you?