what are you doing out here? (day 51)

I sat in the grass with soaked clothes for hours.

The rain didn't let up, it was magical. The storm seemed to be never ending.

I wondered if anyone had noticed me missing yet, it was weird being missing and its because I chose to. Maybe I should do this everyday.

The air was so refreshing, it was like the school took it out of the halls to brainwash the students. Everything out in the field was clear, smooth, crisp.

The feeling of happiness faded and the dread clawed at me. I realized that I was just running from my problems, I was suppressing them not fixing them. It didn't matter if I felt this way, I wasn't going inside.

Something about the way thunder shakes your core made me just made everything feel better. There's nothing like the feeling of thunder. The seratonin that streaks of lighting give me is unmatchable.

So I sat.

For hours

And hours

Alone

Peaceful

Free

It got darker and I got tired. I didn't want to go back inside, so I didn't. I layed down and closed my eyes, I wasn't going to sleep. I feared that if I tried to sleep I would drown even though that's not possible.

I closed my eyes and let the rain fall to my face, it tickled at first. I had grown to hate my uniform, especially all the layers.

I removed my coat that was heavy with rain. I did this carefully as not to hurt my arms. When I pulled it off I looked at my soaked bandages, bloody. What should I do?

I didn't care anymore, I just ignored the blood soaked bandages. My arms didn't hurt as much as earlier in the day, I tried not to use them unless necessary.

My mind went empty for a moment, no thoughts at all just the sound of thunder.

This specific thundering scared me as I didn't see the lightning that produced it, I was ready for all the others. Even though I didn't expect it and was scared at first, it felt amazing. My body felt so grounded, so there.

It's hard to explain this situation, you just have to do it for yourself.

A while later my thoughts came crawling back, peace was paused.

I thought of who would find me and what it would be like, how would I explain this? This is weird behavior. Why not just say nothing, I could just say nothing forever and no one could make me speak.

I hoped that it would be Duncan or violet that finds me, they wouldn't ask questions before getting me inside. If it were violet this would be the second time she finds me in the field. If it were Duncan he would panic and bring me inside, later trying to ask questions but I would just walk away.

I didn't know what time it was but it was almost night, the sky was almost completely black. The only light being streaks of lightning. There was a light that turned on after 8:00 pm but I imagined it wasn't near 8 yet.

The wind sent chills down my spine, it got alot colder as it got darker.

I sat up and put my coat on, I liked the cold but this was to much. Even after putting it on it was cold, but I could handle it, I enjoyed it.

So I sat

Staring away from the school

Silent

Nothing was silent about my mind at this point. I wondered where violet had been when I went looking for her. I thought about what would have happened if I didn't go outside. It didn't matter, I had already done it and it was amazing.

This seemed to be a good thing about Prufrock, the weather. Even though they may seem bad, thunderstorms are beautiful.

I sat for roughly another hour until I heard something from behind me.

"Rose?" A voice yelled from the school.

I didn't turn around, I didn't need to. It was Klaus.

He ran over to me and touched my shoulder.

"We should get inside." He said

I sat with my eyes closed.

"Rose?!" He yelled

"Are you okay?!"

I didn't open my eyes, I wasn't okay.

"We have to go inside." He said

He was right.

I stood silently and opened my eyes.

I turned to him and saw how worried he was, I felt bad I made him feel this way. I started to walk with him back to the school.

"What are you doing out here?" He asked me

I didn't answer, why should I? It's not like I could easily explain it, I really didn't even know why, it just felt right.

"You're scaring me rose, what's going on?" He asked

Scaring him wouldn't kill him, I still felt bad.

We got to the doors and he stopped walking, we were sheltered from the rain.

I looked up at him, his glasses were covered in water drops.

I went to grab the door handle but he grabbed my hand.

"What's wrong?" He asked

What a loaded question.

I didn't answer.

"I know something is happening, Ill figure it out even if you don't tell me" he said in a low voice

I liked the way he looked down at me, I liked looking up at him. I don't think it was a romantic thing, more of a soulmate in the terms of friends.

He pulled open the door and gestured for me to go in. I didn't realize what he was doing at first but when I did I went in. He closed the door behind him and I started to walk away.

He started walking after me.

I didn't even know where I was going, guess the library like always.

I just kept walking toward the library with him not far behind. My heart started racing, I still hated the feeling of being followed.

So I walked But I was really running from my problems.

At least this time I was...