Bugs (day 84)

Were going to start this day when it gets important, lunch. Klaus left a little before the bell, meeting the others to eat.

Klaus left the cafeteria after lunch ended and made his way back to the nurses office. Spoiler alert, he won't make it.

He walked down the hall by the gym and as he walked closer, the door swung open. Klaus stopped dead in his tracks, it was the tall man again.

The tall man saw Klaus and let an evil grin spread across his face. Before Klaus could process what was happening, he was being pulled into the gym.

The doors slammed behind them, but no click of a lock.

Count Olaf was inside the gym pacing, he was expecting Klaus.

"There you are!" Count Olaf yelled.

Olaf signalled to the tall man who pushed Klaus into the pit, the fall hurt his wrist.

"What are you doing?!" Klaus yelled.

Stupid question.

"Don't you worry about that, you'll see soon enough." Count Olaf said.

Klaus layed down in the pit to ease the pain in his back. As he layed, he could hear Olaf whispering.

"Wheres hooky?" He asked.

"He should be here soo-" the tall man replied as the door opened.

The hook handed man entered the gym and they all whispered to each other. Klaus layed down knowing something bad was about to happen.

The hook handed man started climbing down the ladder. Klaus pulled himself up and backed into the corner.

No amount of backing away could help him. The man pulled a needle from his pocket with God knows what inside. He made his way over to Klaus.

"Don't fight it, it'll only make it worse." He whispered to Klaus.

Klaus was almost trembling in fear, he had no idea what was in that needle, it could have been cyanide for all he knew.

"Agh!" Klaus grunted as the needle pushed through his skin.

Klaus stayed back against that wall as the man climbed out, he wasn't trying to make a run for it. An injured teenager against three grown adults, he didn't like those odds.

Minutes passed where Klaus just sat in the corner waiting to be freed.

Above Klaus, Count Olaf had been getting his supplies ready. These supplies or weapons or whatever you want to call them, could give the strongest man nightmares.

Count Olaf dumped an entire tub of bugs down into the pit. It was an assortment of roaches and beetles and anything else they could get their hands on.

"Shit!" Klaus yelled.

I won't continue to go into detail on what happened next, the bugs crawled all over him. As you can imagine, Klaus freaked out.

Luckily he wasn't trapped with them for too long, after about twenty-thirty minutes the Hookhanded man came down and pulled a different needle out.

With one small poke, Klaus was knocked out. The man carried Klaus up and took him back to the nurses office.

I was still asleep when Klaus was out back in his bed. Before the Hookhanded man left, he gave Klaus another needle full of the mystery drug from before.

Hours went by before either of us woke up.

Klaus almost didn't wake up before my siblings and violet were on their way to the nurses office. They decided to come after class was done for the day.