already a seven foot drop (day 57)

Lunch ended faster than I expected, I did spend half of it trapped in the library though.

I walked down the hall to the nurses office, I was nervous to see Klaus. I didn't want to spend too much time with him but I wanted to see how he was doing.

The door was open when I got to it, I could see Klaus sitting next to his bed.

"Hey." I said.

He looked up confused at first.

"Hi." He said with a smile.

I sat down in my bed facing him and grabbed the bandages.

"How you feeling?" I asked as I pulled off my old bandages.

"I've been better." He said with a sigh.

Klaus stared at my leg.

"How are you feeling, that looks bad." He said.

I looked down at my leg and took a deep breath.

"It's not too bad." I said

I wrapped the bandages around my left leg and then turned to look at Klaus. I needed to know something.

"Klaus, do you remember what happened?" I asked.

Klauses face tensed.

Waves of fear bashed over me.

"Not really, I remember feeling a sharp pain and then seeing you on the ground across from me." He said.

THANK GOD.

in a way, I did have pretty good luck.

"Is that it?" I asked him.

"No, I guess it's not. I do remember seeing someone behind you, they did something to your neck." He said.

Oh man...

I grabbed the side of my neck.

"The needle..." I said.

"Yeah, that's probably what it was." He said with a frown.

"Do you remember anything?" He asked.

I sighed.

What was I going to tell him?

"I don't really remember a lot, just seeing you fall to the ground and then a pinch on my neck, it felt like a needle." I said

"Is that it?" He asked.

I don't blame him for being curious but this was getting really stressful.

"Well falling after that and then... Seeing you on the ground." I said reluctantly.

To be fair I wasn't lying completely, I just lied about that being all I remember.

"Weird." He said.

"Right?" I agreed.

I stood and took a deep breath.

"I should probably get going." I said.

"Class starts soon." Klaus said gesturing for me to leave.

I walked away with guilt pulling me down with the force of a million tons.

My head was spinning, I couldn't think straight.

Tears filled my eyes but I wiped them away, I couldn't cry at a time like that. The best thing I could do was go away.

I walked down the empty halls alone, that was my first mistake.

It's not like I had any other choice, I had to get through the halls at some point. Really any choice I made in that school was dangerous, being there was dangerous.