where to start? (Day 73)

Klaus only slept an hour before awaking in screams. His dreams were filled with death and horror, the loss of his friend and sister. Wonder where that came from?

Klaus sat up in the pit and looked around, it was still empty.

"Hello?" He asked.

He backed himself into the corner and tried to make sense of what was  happening. Klaus had thought it was all a dream, he realized he was wrong when he noticed his blood covered hands.

The pit was nearly pitch black, a small desk light bounced from above and slightly lit the wall. There were no sounds other than the rain outside and klauses breathing. No matter how quiet he tried to be, his breathing echoed through the pit.

Realizing there was no escape, he layed back down. Klaus was very bright and knew that it sleep was at the most importance, without it, the body shuts down.

His glasses clicked against the concrete and his uniform scratched at it, this was much like the shed he'd been in before. Maybe it was the time at the school thatade him accustomed to this environment or maybe it was purely lack of sleep, either way, Klaus fell asleep in only three minutes.

Thoughts wouldn't stay in his mind, couldn't stay. All he had was the pit of guilt.

He fell asleep feeling like a murderer.

Klaus slept once more only to awake in screams just like before, this time was different though. There was someone else to hear them.

His body shot up like he'd been struck by lighting, as he did this, a loud voice came from above.

"You're finally up." The voice said, he knew the voice, it was count Olaf of course.

Klaus realized that he wasn't there earlier to hear him wake up, his mind wandered to where he could have been.

By the time Klaus got a chance to look up, Olaf shown a bright light down into the pit.

"Oh my, that's alot of blood." Olaf said taunting him.

"All of that just from one person..." He said.

Klaus could feel the rage burning in his chest, Count Olaf knew what he was doing. I, of course, was fine, no not fine but alive.

"I feel it's time to let you go, I'm sure you'll learn your lesson with your friend gone." he said lowering his tone.

As he said that, the tall strong man lowered the ladder down into the pit and began descending. He walked over to Klaus and pulled him up, dragging him to the ladder.

It didn't matter how hard the tall man pushed him, the only thing Klaus could feel was the guilt in his throat.

Klaus was released into the hallway, the gym door locked behind him.

His feet took him through the halls but his mind was somewhere else. He didn't know what to do, he wondered where violet was and decided he needed to find her and see if it was true, see if I was missing.

He checked the nurses office and found a room full of empty beds, he checked the shack and found nothing but crabs, he checked the broom closet and found only stacks of hay in place of beds.

The last place to look was the library.

Klaus walked through the silent halls, replaying my "death" in his head. He thought of every possible way he could have changed the outcome.

As he got to the library he saw a light on inside, his shaky hand reached for the cracked door but a voice caught his attention.

"She's been gone for days, again! So has he, I'm just saying I think it could be related." This voice spoke.

Klaus leaned in and peared through the crack, just as he thought, this voice was my brother. He looked around inside but no violet, she must have been in class already.

His feet took him away silently, he needed to find violet asap. Nothing inside him felt right, nothing felt like before. The dread in his chest was nearly unbearable, guilt and no way to exile it.

As he got closer to her class he slowed down, he couldn't just go inside, he had to wait for her. His sank to the floor, pressing against the wall. He sat wondering what could have happened, where I could be if Olaf had lied (he did).

Klaus knew the classes were about to end, he decided to get violet and explain what he could as he tried to find me.

I still layed unconscious, now alone, no Hookhanded men looking after me. Slowly bleeding to death, how fun.

The bell echoed through the empty halls.

Last out of the room was violet, she moved slowly. She had still been inhured but that wasn't the only reason she was slow. Violet had been getting more tired and without Klaus life seemed darker.

"Violet!" He called out almost shocked to see her, it seemed like she'd never show her face.

Violet froze at the sight of Klauses face, a large bruise covered the left side of it. Klaus was unaware.

"Klaus you're back!" She yelled snapping out of it.

Violets arms wrapped around him and squeezed until she hurt herself. Klaus had finally felt a flicker of hope.

"I need your help, rose is missing. I'm afraid she's in danger for her life, the last time I saw her she was bleeding really bad." He explained.

Violet froze again, a lot to take in.

"She has to be here somewhere, please help me violet, I've been alone for too long and I've messed everything up." He begged.

"It's going to be okay, we should really hurry then, where do we start?" She asked pulling Klaus down the hall.

Where was I?