locked in (day 63-64)

Isadora was up to something, not only did she not care about Klaus but when she said goodbye she locked me inside of the room.

I walked to the door and started fighting with the handle, how could she have locked it? She would need a key, no one has keys.

I struggled for a little bit but excepted my fate, I was trapped in the room. This was a good time to sleep, what else could I do anyway?

I slowly layed down, I had bruises all over my body that were sensitive. The darkness brought a nightmare, Klaus was gone. He was bleeding out in the floor and no one came in time to save him.

I woke up panicked with a feeling of guilt even though I had nothing to do with it and it wasn't real.

The room was so empty, so small. What was going on? What was Isadora up to?

It was morning, maybe someone would come to get me. Maybe Klaus was just in a random hallway and was about to open the door. Maybe Duncan would come to find me when he realized I was missing.

No one came.

The door stayed locked closed.

I sat against the wall across from the door, where would I go if I got out? I didn't have a place I really needed to be, I couldn't stand the feeling of being locked inside. I was going crazy.

My eyes filled with tears, I was so tired. I sat and thought about how chaotic everything was, all the things that had happened to me and everyone else. I didn't even know what happened to everyone else.

The door knob turned a little bit but stopped, it was locked and whoever was using it didn't know. I jumped a little and stood up, I couldn't really do it that fast though.

Metal scrapes on the lock and the handle twists open.

The door opens to Hookhanded man, he looks confused. He doesn't say anything, he just stood for a second. Our eyes were locked on eachother, my breathing halted and the room went silent.

The sound of the hinges closing the door breaks the silence, only one thing is missing. The door didn't lock when he closed it.

I stood frozen for an unbelievable amount of time before walking slowly to the door and reaching for the handle. I turned it and opened it to an empty, quiet hallway.

What was the point of locking me in the nurses office? Now that I was out I didn't know where I had to go, I just wanted to go back to a normal school life, even if it wasn't normal compared to others.

I slowly made my way down the hall, where would Klaus be? I needed to find him and make sure he was safe.

My shoes took me to the gym, I was sort of in a haze, not a lot of thoughts in my head. Something inside of my mind just turned off when he opened that door.

Feelings controlled my body, I didn't want to be alone so my body took me to Klaus. How did I know where he'd be? I didn't, but there were only so many options.

I pushed the heavy door open and with a click I revealed the empty gym. I walked inside letting the door click closed behind me, the room was quiet, the clicking echod.

My feet took me to the middle of the room, I lifted the door to the pit.

The door slammed down against the concrete to my right, I jumped but couldn't get distracted from what's important.

My eyes met Klaus laying on the ground, a small pool of blood by his head. A lump formed in my throat and my stomach fell.

Klauses screams echod in my head, him laying in the hallway replaying over and over. There wasn't as much blood as before but he was stabbed last time.

I couldn't tell what had happened, there wasn't just a little bit of blood. Klaus had a split lip and bruising on his cheek. Klaus didn't just fall into the pit.

Just because he didn't fall doesn't mean he's not severely hurt, they clearly don't mind getting close to death.

As I looked down at Klaus in disbelief, the click of the gym door makes me jump.

"Oh, good, you're here." Olaf says as he walks in.

"Like what you see?" He asks walking over.

"What did you do to him?!" I asked panicked.

"That's not important." He said.

"Let him out then!" I said.

Count Olaf looked almost disappointed at how nieve I was.

"I could offer you a deal, trade places." He said.

I stared at him, this was probably the best way to keep Klaus safe. Did I really want to go back to being in the pit?

"For how long?" I asked.

"A week." He said.

I looked behind me at klaus. My stomach turned but if Klaus was left in there for a week he would bleed out.

"Fine!" I told him.

"Perfect." He said pushing me.

I lost the ground, falling 7 feet down and landing on my shoulder. When my shoulder hit, my head smacked down against the concrete as well.

Ringing in my ears distracted me from the pain of my shoulder, any more hits to the head and I'd be as good as dead.

I thought that was true but turns out I had plenty more hits to come. There was (and is) permanent damage.

The door slammed closed above me, he lied to me.

I was stuck in the pit, barely able to move. I had no idea what happened to Klaus or if he was even alive.

"Klaus?" I whispered.

Silence.

I was alone again.

Somehow being alone in the pit felt better than being alone in the nurses office. I was always alone in the pit, always hurt.

I tried to get up but my head was so spinning and my arm was seriously hurt. I thought it was broken.

What would we have to do to go back to a normal life?

Why can't Count Olaf just leave us alone?

Why did I ever tell Klaus about him?

I'd put Klaus in fear more danger than he ever had to be close to.

How would we get out this time?

Would we get out this time?

Count Olaf could finally be ready to kill us.

He wouldn't have to do that much work.

Oh God.

What had I done?