Regret (day 58)

I couldn't stay there all day, I had to leave adventally. I kept trying to get myself to stand up, nothing would work.

Footsteps came from the nurses office, I shot up and almost broke my leg. I couldn't let Klaus see me like that. I ran, my leg gave out and I fell behind the wall.

I was safe but for how long?

I waited a while and finally got to stand up and limped my way to my first period class. As I sat, my eyes began to fall, as did my head.

Sleeping through class wasn't as bad as I expected, the teachers seemed to not care very much. Every teacher except English, I was yelled at and told to "get it together".

The bell rang, it felt like a punch in the chest. I stood to leave and rubbed my eyes, they were dry and hurt. My leg hurt worse than anything, there was a blade in my leg that wouldn't stop cutting.

I went on to my next class that would be much like the others, me sleeping.

When I walked into the last class before lunch I saw his face again, Daniel. There was no way I would let myself fall asleep around him.

I limped in and sat down trying to avoid eye contact with him, he was intimidating. He made my heart race in the worst way possible, like I was getting ready to run for my life.

I bounced my right leg to try and keep myself awake but it hurt my left leg, I fought to keep my eyes open with everything I had. It was no use, my eyes closed and my head went down.

There's no way to know what happened while I was asleep but I imagine that nothing bad happened.

Daniel stood up as the bell was about to ring, he didn't face any obstacles as the teacher was facing away from the class, reading a book.

He put his hand on the back of my neck, my eyes shot open. My heart stopped for a second.

I realized what was happening when I grabbed onto his hand, he pulled away and grabbed my hand. The bell rang and everyone stood, I stood as well and Daniel looked me dead in the eyes.

"Good morning." He said with a smirk.

I flashed him a quick fake smile and tried to walk away, his hand grabbed on tighter. I stopped pulling and he loosened his grip.

He started walking to the door while holding onto my arm, I couldn't keep up. My leg hurt a lot and he also didn't give me any warning that we'd be walking. My left leg gave out and he pulled my arm up to lift me from the ground like a child having a tantrum.

"Be careful." He said with a grin.

I wanted to throw up.

He pulled me to the hallway and started heading for the cafeteria, I hoped that violet and my siblings would be there so I'd have a chance to get away from Daniel.

We got to the cafeteria and it didn't matter if my siblings would be there, Daniel let go.

I wasn't staying there, I turned and limped away as fast as I could. As I got to the end of the hall I stopped and looked outside.

It was raining as always. I needed a break so my leg would stop aching, it didn't help, it still radiated pain. I looked out into the field to see no grass, nothing but grey rain met my eyes.

I thought about Klaus and how much pain he must have been in, I thought about how much I missed him. When I turned to look behind me I imagined him there trying to get my attention like many days before.

A veil of sadness seemed to enclose my body as the ball of guilt grew in my throat. Why couldn't I stop thinking about Klaus?

...                                                      ...

He was the only one who cared.

...                                                      ...

Maybe this wasn't true but he was the only one that made me feel like he cared. He was so kind only to suffer in return.

I looked around the empty hallway and sat against the wall, I was lonely.

Being alone wasn't bad but truly feeling alone can tear you up inside, almost like being stabbed.

As the pain hit me, my mind went back to Klaus laying in the hallway, the blood covering the floor.

"An eye for an eye" playing over and over in my head.

My head fell and it popped back up, I was falling asleep!

I decided to go to the library and sleep for a while, it's not like I had anywhere else to go. The nurses office wasnt much of an option as I was trying to keep Klaus safe and I didn't want to see my siblings in general.

Trying to stand was a nightmare, it felt like someone was beating my leg with a sledge hammer. Klaus was right, I needed to be careful, it was getting worse.

When I finally got up, I started heading to the library. Still replaying those events over and over, the screams in my head were driving me insane.

My vision got a little blurry, I wasn't going to pass out, I was going to cry. I regreted my actions. I thought about how much better things would be if the Hookhanded man would have just stabbed me. If Klaus had been knocked out while I bled half to death, if I screamed and not him.

I wiped my tears and kept walking, I kept walking until I got to the library. I looked down at the floor to where Klaus had layed. I imagined myself in a pool of blood while Klaus lay safe.

A deep breath didn't fix this, I couldn't stop seeing it. I had to get away from that, I walked to the door.

When I opened it, I half expected to see Olivia but the room was empty. I went inside and looked around, where would I go?

I turned the light off and slowly walked to the back square of bookshelves, if anyone walked in I wouldn't want them to know I was sleeping. The sound of the door would wake me in time.

I sat down and thought of Klaus one last time, I tried to think of the good times but it accured to me that we had very few. I still tried. I layed down thinking of when we sat in the hall together but the sound of him screaming still echoed in my head.

My eyes closed and I fell asleep, dreaming of finally being happy. If only life went that way. My life was not a dream, it was a nightmare.