Daniel (day 48)

This boy looked at me everywhere I went. When class was over and I went into the halls so did he of course but he went the same way as me. I started to go to the library instead of my next class so did he.

When I got close to the library I thought about not going in and just walk around the school to make sure it wasn't a coincidence, I still wasn't sure what he was doing.

When I got to the door it was locked so I just kept going, I walked past all the classrooms. I was heading closer to the gym and cafeteria and I could still hear him behind me.

I didn't know what to do so I just kept walking for a little while longer, I wasn't walking very fast and neither was he. It sounded like he was fairly far behind me, maybe about 20 feet or a little less.

I got to the end of the last hall, nowhere else to go. I just sat and pulled out some paper, what else could I do? I was still trying to make him think I didn't notice him. I tried to play it off like that was the plan and I suppose it worked.

after almost a minute, I finally saw him turn the corner and I looked up at him. He smiled at me.

I found my courage and said

"Hi." In an awkward tone

He didn't answer right away which scared me but after a few seconds he said

"Hey, I just wanted to talk to you." He said.

This could be interesting

"Oh, what about?" I asked

He sat against the other wall about a foot away.

"Its just, I saw those scars on your neck." He said

Oh! Wow that kind of sucks.

"Oh." I said in a low tone

"Are you okay? If you don't mind me asking what happened?" He seemed nice.

"I'm fine, and I don't want to talk about it." I said with a small smile.

"Oh okay, well my name is Daniel." He said as he put his hand out to me.

I hesitated but shook his hand.

"My name is rose." I said back

"I know this is really weird, I don't have anything better to do in this school." He said to me.

"I can go if you'd like." He said

"I don't want to sound rude but that would be nice, I don't really know you yet." I said timidly. Oh God I wish I could be confident

"Okay, I'll see you around." He said as he stood and waved goodbye.

He was actually quite nice but that was definitely a very weird conversation. Was it genuine? It did feel genuine, maybe we would become friends? Why hadn't I seen him before?

I sat there for a few more minutes and then started to head to my next class. All these halls looked the same, it could drive you mad if you walked in them for long enough.

I stopped by the window to look at the weather getting worse, the rain had gotten stronger and I heard what I believed to be thunder in the distance. I wish I could just scream like the thunder, feeling free was my dream. I was in a cage at Prufrock and Olaf was there to make it so much worse.

I finally went to class and sat for every unbearable minute of it. The thought of Daniel still lingered in my head.

I thought of what would happen the next time I saw him, I almost looked forward to it...

I wish I would have never met Daniel...