Promise (day 94)

I hadn't slept for long, only minutes. The tall strong man had come to disrupt it.

Klaus watched as the ladder was lowered into the pit, he wished he could just run up it and leave. The heavy wood hit the floor causing me to wake, I pulled back and sat up to watch the man climb down the ladder.

The man turned around to face me, his hand in his pocket.

"We never finished today's mark." He explained as he walked closer.

I pushed myself back into the shadows of the pit, running from the knife in his pocket.

"No!" I yelled as he got closer.

"Just stop! Please!" I yelled.

"Stop complaining, I would have a lot of fun with you if the boss didn't say no, don't make him too mad or he might just let me. Although with your history, it will happen in no time." He said bending down with an evil grin.

The man pushed me down to the ground quickly, he pushed me down onto my scarred back causing me to cry out in pain.

"Agh!" I yelled.

"Hey!" Klaus yelled standing up.

The man ignored him, he pulled my shirt aside and started carving across the other marks.

"Agh, stop!" I screamed louder, hitting and pushing his arms away.

Klaus came running over to pull him off, the man didn't even look at him.

"Now!" The man yelled.

I was confused as to what this meant until I heard the creaks of the wooden ladder. The Hookhanded man came walking up behind Klaus with a syringe in his hands.

"Wait!" Klaus yelled as the Hookhanded man stuck the needle in Klaus's arm.

Klaus quickly dropped to the floor.

The tall man then went back to carving the mark, he went slowly, dragging the blade across each and every one.

Tears ran from my eyes, not only was he cutting me, he was pushing me down onto my back with a lot of force. The marks on my back began to bleed through my shirt slowly.

The man stood up, putting the knife in his pocket. He nudged me with his foot.

"Come on." The Hookhanded man said ushering the man to the ladder.

The Hookhanded man looked back over at us before he sighed and went back up the ladder, pulling it up with him before slamming the door.

"Klaus?!" I yelled.

As I layed in silence, I realized he wasn't waking up anytime soon. I figured they'd dosed him, they seemed to love doing that.

They all had their things, the Hookhanded man had his drugs, the tall man had his knife, and Olaf had all of the above. Olaf had rotting evil inside him, that's something he could never disguise no matter how hard he tried.

I couldn't really tell you about the rest of his crew, I didn't encounter them much compared to the Hookhanded man and the tall man. Doesn't matter what they did really, they were evil by association, anyone who can stand with a man like Olaf doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

I tried to sit up but it hurt, I tried to look around in the pit but it was practically pitch black. I pushed my scraped hands against the cold concrete floor and moved closer and closer to Klaus.

The scratches on my hands began to bleed again, it didn't matter, nothing changed, they were already stinging like I'd poured lemon juice over them.

"Klaus." I whispered.