Or could I? (day 71)

As my eyes met them, fear shot through me. Why were they there? Did they already know?

I looked back to Klaus.

"What do we do?" I whisper.

"What can we do?" He whispered back.

"What do you want?" I ask the three men.

The Hook Handed man steps forward.

"Boss needs to see you two." He says walking closer.

"Why?" Klaus asked.

The other men came to us.

I was being pulled by the Hookhanded man and Klaus by the tall strong man. The tall sad man was walking behind, almost like backup or a guard.

Klaus was tripping and getting dizzy because his head was hurt, so was I but he was much worse. We're dragged through the halls, pits of anxiety building in our stomachs, fear in our hearts.

They take us to the door and push through, we're met with count Olaf standing angerly inside.

The Hookhanded man and tall strong man pulls us inside, closer to the wall on the right. Olaf walked closer to us, his eyes scanning us up and down, getting every detail.

"What is it you told me you heard?" He asked the tall sad man to his left.

"The girl told the others that Klaus said it was you." He explained.

-god, they were everywhere-

"You are really bad at this." Olaf said angerly.

"Although, she did tell you. I haven't forgotten." He said pacing between us.

"This is a punishment for both of you." He said getting closer to me.

Olaf reached his hand from behind his back and revealed a midevil style dagger, straight from a fairy tale, how theatrical.

He plunged the dagger into my stomach and the sounds of Klaus screaming rang in my ears. A hot pain radiated from my stomach, you might want to call it a stabbing pain

"No!" He screamed, pulling to get closer. He was unsuccessful obviously.

"Maybe you'll finally learn." He said.

Count Olaf pulled the dagger out and stepped away, signalling something to the Hookhanded man. My legs gave out and he dragged me over to the pit, the ladder was missing. He lowered me as far as he could before dropping me the rest of the way down.

I fell a few feet to the concrete and layed holding my stomach. Klaus faught the tall strong man with all his strength, begging to be let go. The tall man looked over to Olaf to see if this was allowed, not yet.

Count Olaf wanted Klaus feeling as powerless as he could before giving him false hope.

The tall man let go of him and he ran over to the pit, jumping down to get to me. This strength seemed to come from no where.

He sat and put my head in his lap, pressing down on my stomach attempting to stop the bleeding.

I coughed and blood ran down my lip.

"That's not good." I smiled as a tear ran down my face.

"You're gonna be okay, were going to get you out of here and get help." He said.

"Klaus, I'm scared." I say, squeezing his arm.

"no, you're going to be okay, I'm here, you're safe, I'm going to get you out of here." He said shaking his head.

"Please Klaus, I'm scared, help me." I begged in fear.

"You're going to be okay." He said.

He kept repeating that, trying to speak it into existence, I didn't think he believed it back then and I still don't.

"Klaus-" I said while my eyes closed and my grip loosened.

"Rose?!" He yelled.

"Wake up! Please! Open your eyes! Wake up." He begged.

"Rose, don't go!" He yelled.

I still lay, eyes closed.

Klaus sat crying with me in his lap for 20-30 torturous minutes, my body slowly getting colder.

"no...no...no...this isn't happening...this isn't real...it's just a nightmare...it's just a dream...rose, wake up...sit up...open your eyes...please, come back...don't leave me...this is all my fault...I'm so sorry...please, forgive me...why not me?" He muttered.

Klaus cried out until a hissing sound entered the pit and he was knocked out. If I wasn't already, I would have too.

Count Olafs men took me to the nurse and locked Klaus in the pit, he layed unconscious, this was a relief from the pain in his heart.

The Hookhanded man bandaged me and stopped the bleeding, he used to be a surgeon before 'the incident'. His two main qualities made him a good fit for Olaf's Troup, medical knowledge and a horrifying look, of course he was also loyal but that's implied.

I did not wake up when I was bandaged, I did not wake up later that night, I did not wake up the next morning or the morning after that...

Klaus was left alone, defenseless, who knows what they would do to him. I got stabbed but they can't do that to Klaus, I mean they could but they already did, they're actors, they live for the drama.

Some of them live not only for the drama but the pain of others, the twins have a bloodthirst. Count Olaf enjoys torturing any living thing he can, not just us. He has a grudge against us but that doesn't change the fact that he's a psychopath to begin with.

To be fair they're not very original or creative. Stabbing me was very little different from stabbing Klaus, same idea. It may have been unimaginative but it still remained very affective.

Movies, TV, and books all have their cliches, creating work that mirrors real life can get you grilled by critics. At the end of the day that's just how life is though, cliches. There's a reason they're cliches, they were done over and over, this happened because they actually did happen all the time.

My life story is full of cliches, when put into the lense of a phycological thriller/ horror. Dying in your friends arms? Really? I know right.

I did not die, not yet.

All my life I've had a fear of death hanging over me, at some points life got so unbearable that the fear hanging over me started to fade away but it always came back, whether it be when I was walking up stairs, looking down from a bridge, tieing rope into knots, standing on chairs, or loading a gun.

I needed a reason to be alive and I had one, Klaus. I could hear the pain in his voice, if I died he would never forgive himself and would probably not make it very long on his own.

Klaus being Klaus meant that there was no way for him to not blame himself for this. Of course I believe it's his fault but it's not ONLY his fault. Count Olaf was to blame and so was I, I never should have told him in the first place.

I could never blame him for it.

Or...