Bloody Stars (day 7)

After 3 classes the last bell rang and we were free, I walked out of the classroom anxious and very vigilant, Olaf's Troup had followed me after every class I had that day and this was no different. I could see the very tall man who looked sad staring at me, I walked the other way even though I knew he would follow me.

Being followed is a stressful feeling when unwanted, it can put you into fight or flight which is a thing I quickly learned would get me in a very large amount of trouble very soon.

This man was fast and very intimidating despite his skinny arms. I started to panic and when a little girl dressed in pink yelled at me I reacted out of fear by shoving her to the ground.

She screamed at me "YOU STUPID CAKESNIFFER IM TELLING VICE PRINCIPAL NERO ABOUT THIS"

"your gonna get in so much trouble" she almost laughed as these words escaped her mouth but I didn't care I had to get out of these halls and back to my siblings.

Our broom closet wasn't very far away from my last class of the day so I just kept going, I slowed down a little as I couldn't hear anyone behind me. This man was skinny and I doubt exercised much if at all.

I arrived at the broom closet to Isadora standing at the door, she didn't look up.

"Hey Isadora" I said with the little air left in my lungs

"Hey rose, what's up?" She asked.

"Nothing, just wanted to see what you guys were doing later." I said.

"Duncan wants to go to the field for dinner with the Baudelaires."

"Can I come?" I asked.

"Well yeah probably, your our sister I doubt they wouldn't want you there." She said

"Ok well I'll see you then, I have some homework to do." I lied.

I was not assigned any homework that day but this wasn't really a lie, I needed to find out everything I could about Olaf and his Troup. I decided it was smart to spy on them alone, I guess I thought I wouldnt be caught even though it was me against 6 murderous adults. Like I said before when your only 14 you make mistakes.

I started walking to the gym which was on the other side of the school, as I walked there I looked for any sign of them. The first stop was the cafeteria as I heard talking and decided to check it out. I walked slowly in the doors and saw no one, I continued to the back of the cafeteria where the food is kept and heard sounds coming from the walk in freezer, was someone in it?!

I reluctantly walked closer to it and said

"Hello, are you locked in there?"

"Y-yes, c-c-can you open the d-door?" A shivering voice answered

"Here"

I unlocked the door and opened it to find a man covered in frost.

"Who are you?"

"I-im Larry" he said.

"Do you work in the cafeteria?"

"Y-yes" he said shivering.

"How did you get locked in the freezer?" I asked

He didn't answer

"Do you need anything, a blanket?"

He shook his head yes

"Here let's go to the nurses room, she's not here but the supplies still are." I said with a smile.

It's a good thing the cafeteria was on the way to the gym or else I never would have met Larry and his vastly flamboyant detective skills. I had wondered if I should trust him after he warmed up so I decided not to stay near him. besides I had other things to do.