What Happened? (day 21)

When I opened my eyes I could see a woman above me but everything was blurry. I could not remember why I was on the floor or what happened the last week or so.

The woman turned and yelled.
"Come here!" Then two children came over running. At the time I didn't know who it was but I now know that they were my siblings. "Oh my God, rose!" I could hear panic and relief in those words.

The woman left and came back with two men who picked me up and carried me to the nurses office where they had layed me down and tried to patch my neck. The rocks had ripped the skin more, making it more jagged.

When they had done all they could I could see and everything was normal besides the pain radiating through my body. My siblings came over and started throwing questions at me.

"What happened?" They asked at the same time.

"Where have you been?"

"What did this?"

I was still very weak and hadn't eaten since the night before I was thrown in the pit but I didn't know that, I didn't know what day it was, I couldn't remember the last week and a half.

"Food." I said weakly

"Oh!" Said Duncan as he ran out to go get something from the cafeteria.

"Where were you?" Isadora asked
"You've been gone over a week, we were so worried."

My eyes visibly got larger as I realized how long it's been, Isadora noticed and said

"You didn't know how long you were gone?" She was so confused.

"Do you remember what happened?" She asked

I didn't talk I just shook my head no. She put her hands over her mouth and nose almost like she was praying. A few seconds later I started to hear clicking of heels in the hallway, it was Mrs. Caliban.

I felt happy that she was coming over but bad that she would have to see me like this all week and covered in blood. When she walked in I then realized she had already saw me, she was the woman in the hallway. I then started to feel worse that she had to find me on the ground like that, it had to have scared her to see a child bleeding on the ground, I could have been dead.

"Hello you two." She said in almost a whisper

"Hello Mrs. Caliban." Isadora said

I just smiled because I couldn't talk, she seemed to notice me not talking as her face dropped a little.

"Rose, what happened?" She asked

I looked over at Isadora to signal her to tell her.

"She doesn't remember but she's very hungry so Duncan went to get food."

"You don't remember?" She asked.

I shook my head with a sad look.

Duncan came in with a tray of breakfast food and a glass of water.
He sat it next to me and asked
"Can you sit up?" In a soft tone.

I tried and then looked to Isadora

"Help." I whispered

"Oh, here." She said as she came closer and helped me up, I whinced as they're were bruises almost everywhere on my body. They handed me the food and I ate it as they talked.

"Once you're done eating you should probably get a shower and then patch up any other wounds." Said Olivia

I nodded

"We missed you so much, we were so worried, we woke up and you were missing." Said Isadora

"We thought you might have just left early but then you never came back." Duncan said.

"What's the last thing you remember?" Isadora asked

I look a sip of water then said

"Um... I remember waking up and walking to the library and that's it."

"Do you know why you were going to the library so early?"Duncan asked

"No." As I said this we could hear faint footsteps in the hallway and then a loud squeak of running shoes. I flinched and I believe Olivia saw but my siblings did not.

"Close the door!" I whispered in a panic

"What?" Asked Duncan

"Just do it!" I whispered once again

He jumped over to close it and asked

"What was that about?"

I paused for a second before saying
"I didn't want anyone to see me like this." I lied, I didn't want Count Olaf here.

I finished eating and we decided to see if I could stand yet, I could not. I layed down and almost started to cry from the pain. My siblings had left to find the Baudelaires while Olivia stayed with me. She looked at me and asked

"Are you okay?"

I didn't answer I just sat desperately trying to remember what happened.

"I'm sorry, that's a silly question." She said looking sad.

"I think we should get you to a hospital." She said in a very low tone.

"These injuries look severe and you look like your in a lot of pain."

"I'm okay." I said in an almost robotic tone.

She could tell I was lying but what could she do about it? Absolutely nothing.

"Can I have a look at all your injuries please?" She asked

"I guess so..."

"Can you sit up?"

"Yeah, here." I said as I sat up.

She removed my shoes and leggings to blood all over my legs. She gasped at the multiple rips of skin and bruises. And if course as she was looking at my legs my siblings came back with the Baudelaires, they froze as they entered the door and staired at my legs.

"Oh my God, what happened?" Violet asked almost in tears

I sighed "I don't know what happened." After I said this she looked very confused. Who could blame her how do you get your own blood everywhere and not know how?

"I really wish I could remember." I said as my eyes started to water.

"I'm so sorry." Violet said as she came to give me a hug. When she hugged me I whinced and she flew backwards "I'm sorry!" She didn't realize I hurt more than my legs.

What happened to me?